any intl students with a status update yet?
if accepted at Carrilon do they need to do it ?
Daughter accepted with living and learning prog offer.
What is the Carillon Communities? I got this as well.
No, optional! But it can affect which dorm they get, so consider carefully.
Accepted OOS
Test optional
Psychology
103 weighted GPA
All AP and Honors
Top 6% of class
Loads of EC/ leadership etc
Same offer. Just checking it out.
Scroll up
Intl student accepted to Electrical Engineering and FIRE program. Did not read about this initially and particularly don’t remember applying for it… Is this a prestigious research program? Is this useful for Electrical Engineering field?
My D24 got denied , no offer OOS applied CS
Scroll up and read
I still haven’t received my decision
Congratulations! All the best
Thanks! The letter did list “Major: Computer Science”, but I thought Maryland doesn’t admit by major?
umd doesn’t send out merit offers until later
Accepted - Spring 2025 here - OOS. I guess this is what you all say is “Freshman Connection”?
I suspect he will turn this one down. He has been accepted to Penn State UP, Univ of Pitt main Campus, and UDel already. No need to accept this one.
Congrats to all.
Yes, admission is by major. And that’s especially important for limited enrollment programs like CS. If you don’t get admitted to the major, transferring in is going to be very hard.
Still waiting here….
S24 accepted to CS in College of CMNS. Offered invitation to FIRE.
OOS.
3.95 UW/4.66 W/35 ACT/9 APs
My son was not admitted:
Maryland resident
4.17W
1310 SAT
Full IB program in a public school (mostly honors and IB classes)
Not a lot of ECs