University of Wisconsin Early Action Class of 2030 Official Thread

Oooh, that’s interesting. Wish we could tell which apps were removed/added. My older child is a UW student and right before decisions came out he was granted access to an app named Terra Dotta and that was a portal tell. I don’t recall anything like this happening though.

Same with my son last year. It was a tell.

What are the apps

Do you recall last year what the specific apps were or what happened that was a positive (or not) tell?

When you log into my.wisc.edu and you have the different tiles that say things like “student center”, UW Madison profile, voting, etc. – those are apps. If you click on the plus button at the bottom you can add more apps. The number of apps available when you press the plus button sometimes changes as updates are being done, I THINK. But two years ago the last minute addition of being able to add the app “Terra Dotta” was a tell. It didn’t happen until really close to decision time though.

My friend at UW Madison said in her year, when the webapps entries changed from 88 to 89, it was a tell. So I kept watching the entries, and I found mine changed from 88 to 85 yesterday, but it didn’t last long.

1 Like

Where would you find that?

Can you access it? https——–://my.wisc.edu/web/apps

Thx, now I see. If it goes to 89… good thing? I see 88 now

Please keep us posted if you notice anything!

How many apps did your friends have ? 88 all along?

I think the app number changes sometimes. My son was admitted two years ago, and when we went through all of this his app number was 101/102 IIRC. But, there was the addition of one more app for admitted students right close to the time decisions were announced.

FYI the admissions office is closed today due to weather.

(Less portal astrology, more meteorology? lol)

one more week, then?

2 Likes

My two had tiles change , soar was added for one , can’t remember the other, but it was 7 years ago

1 Like

My money is on today, next Wednesday or next Friday. Last year there were five Fridays in January and they released the Wednesday prior to the last Friday. The year before was on the last Friday. I’m still an eternal optimist hoping for today.

1 Like

Nothing going on in my daughter’s portal! I’m confused when some of you talk about webapps and 85 versus 88. Are these the apps that are on the applicant homepage? We are oos and Wisco is both her first choice and a reach.

No. You have to login to my.wisc.edu. Scroll up a bit and someone gives very specific directions on what to do.

What does everyone get at this link: University of Wisconsin-Madison Login

not able to log in

1 Like

Last year we were able to a few days before decisions.

1 Like