Welcome to the new CC Forums!

How do we make that pop up about the essay scholarship go away for good? It fills the screen when I log on and then is a banner at the top. Is there a way to mark “dont show this again”?

4 Likes

Can we please have a “do not show me this again” option for both the essay pop up and the USC/Stanford/Berkeley, etc student pop ups?

3 Likes

Of course…you get double admission brownie points for that: (a) you developed an app; and (b) it’s a non-profit to boot!

What’s happening to my bookmarks?

Some—a very few, certainly not all or even most—of my bookmarks have gone un-bookmarked with no interaction from me.

First it happened with the “Parents of the HS Class of 2023” thread, but I figured it was probably my bad, I must have clicked something last visit to it.

But then this morning I want to post on the “Colleges your child crossed off the list after visiting, schools that moved up on the list. Why?” thread, so I go to my bookmarks to head over to it and it was gone! (And also hard to search for, since I couldn’t remember what the precise title is.)

I use bookmarks for the vast majority of my interaction with this site, and so those being unreliable is rather worrying to me.

(This thread remains bookmarked for me, though, so I could find it easily enough.)

Those “contest” emails are really annoying. Any way to stop them short of stopping all email from cc?

2 Likes

The “unread” at the top of the page has disappeared. I still have “latest” and “new.” How do I restore “unread”?

Unread should be back now!

1 Like

Unread is back for me too, but FYI, to get to unread you can use a shortcut by holding down G then simultaneously pressing U. You can do this for new (GN), and latest (GL) too.

1 Like

That won’t work on a tablet.

True, but I use Apple’s magic keyboard with my tablet, so it does work in that instance! And I love the magic keyboard!

I’m having so many issues this week. First on my cell and now on my laptop.

Hi, I am getting a pop up asking me to make my list of schools. I don’t want to and there is no way to minimize or make it go away other than clicking through and then closing and going back to the page I want to read. I can’t imagine it is supposed to be like that! Help.

1 Like

I’m getting that too on my phone. I ended up having to open up CC from a cache to get back on the site.

1 Like