What are you doing today?

Going from a party to a shiva.. Life transitions.

9 Likes

You have a very nice community!

First day home from vacation = tons of yard work to do! Will cut the grass. In one week my Mexican sunflowers and a more miniature yellow sunflower grew by leaps and bounds so need to some work to “prop” them up. Since the plants grew also the weeds MULTIPLIED! Ugh. They almost have me beat. Going to pick some flowers for the house, eat breakfast (I already exercised and walked the dog and watered the garden) and then put a modest bath suit and skort to work in the yard. Later I’ll watch some of the World Cup (will miss YOU!) and will make a new easy recipe I saw last night with some leftover shredded chicken. And a salad. Because after vacation my body is CRAVING healthy!

4 Likes

DH and I enjoyed our coffee on the porch swing this morning and planned a spontaneous two-day trip to Vermont, leaving tomorrow morning. I’m excited to visit the King Arthur baking company :woman_cook: and he’s looking forward to the Whistle Pig distillery :tumbler_glass:. We’ll also stop at Simon Pearce to admire the glassware and pottery and do a bit of wandering around Woodstock. Might need an extra day. I :heart: Vermont.

11 Likes

Just had dh’s blueberry/almond flour pancakes. Hoping those fortify me to start assessing what would need to be done if we get rid of these popcorn ceilings (thread incoming).

Looking forward to the World Cup!

3 Likes

Jealous of the King Arthur excursion!!! Please share any notes afterwards.

2 Likes

Completed - vacuuming, quick kitchen clean, German learning, piano practice, Walmart

In process - laundry

Left to do - lunch, read, nap, World Cup, tacos for dinner, put away laundry/get everything set for tomorrow, watch tv, go to bed

AKA very typical Sunday

1 Like

Dog park people are the best. ‘Cause they own dogs. :dog:

3 Likes

D and Grandpuppy drove down on Friday and we had a nice weekend together. Thai food, out to breakfast and errands yesterday, an artist reception, lots of dog walks. She allows her dog to sleep in the bed, and said dog has decided “Grandma’s” bed is the place to be. As a result, I am tired but D got some much needed rest. We went through some of my father’s things and D headed home with some silver coins that I know she will treasure.

6 Likes

You are going to my happy place. My family had a house in Quechee, VT for many years. We were married in Woodstock. Our wedding party all received glassware from Simon Pearce (which had only recently opened). I hope you love the area as much as i do.

6 Likes

Did some strength training this morning, now enjoying a cup of iced coffee on the porch - a rare low humidity morning! Waiting for the garbage trucks to finish this morning then I will take my pup on a long walk.

I need to make a mammo appt as well as go get my car washed/cleaned.

I haven’t been getting enough protein so I’m going to make some egg bites today as well as a lentil chickpea salad that I can take for lunch every day.

Today is our 30th anniversary. We already celebrated with a trip in the spring but we are going out to dinner tonight.

9 Likes

I have nothing on my schedule!

So, the task list includes:

Bank/Venmo issue

Gardening

Baking a pie for the neighbors (who keep an eye on my house)

Try on clothes to pack for London and Norway

Ice my ankle (still rehabbing from surgery).

Read 100 pages to finish a book.

4 Likes

I went with DH to another doctor’s appointment for him – to a new cardiologist to discuss his getting the Watchman implanted, so he can get off the damn Eliquis. Then I stopped at my library to pick up a book that was on hold for me, poked around, and got out two more books (of course). Now I’m just waiting for another tree guy to come and give me an estimate, and then I’ll take a snooze and have lunch.

1 Like

The workshop was excellent. Anyone contemplating what to focus on for the future or feels stuck on a goal will likely benefit. This first workshop is also offered in DC. If you click on the first “Get Started” link, it’s free–you don’t have to be a social worker, healthcare worker or educator.

2 Likes

Glad you found an interesting and helpful workshop @oldmom4896 !

On vacation with kids and spouse and GD–today we’re going kayaking on Long Lake in Maine!! Last week, we took GD to Story Land (in NH); she loved the rides (all with fairy tale themes) and a few shows. I got lots of steps and went over goal–not a huge fan of parks like this but GD (5.5 years) really enjoyed it. We also stopped to see younger D and husband who are working at a YMCA Camp in NH for July and August.

6 Likes

We’re on Long Lake! We’re going to miss you as we’re in Vermont for a few days. Hope you have a great time with your family. :blush: :canoe:

Highly recommend the two-hour tour of the lake on the Songo River Queen (replica of a Mississippi riverboat) — they serve a mean Mai Tai from their lower-deck bar.

1 Like

Got up early and enjoyed driving the scenic Kancamagus Highway to Vermont. Had lunch at an Indian restaurant on the Dartmouth campus, then headed over the river to the King Arthur Baking Company to check off a bucket list item.

It did not disappoint. The campus is lovely, and the company store took quite a while to browse. In addition to all of their flours, there was every type of mix and tool you could possibly want. Best of all, it wasn’t crowded.

The flour was on sale, so I got both bread and pizza flour as well as a small sourdough crock for the cabin as I’ve been keeping my starter there in a tall drinking glass with a silicone lid (all my good stuff is in AZ).

It’s a good thing we had lunch before visiting because they were making cinnamon buns and jelly rolls, and the aroma was beyond tempting. We did enjoy cappuccinos on their patio, though.

All in all, we loitered about three hours and bought a five-grain sourdough boule from their bakery before leaving and heading over to the Hanover food co-op for some Vermont cheeses and charcuterie items to enjoy a picnic dinner at a park on the river.

This is my idea of vacation.

18 Likes

I was exhausted after D’s visit. Long walk with Sabapup this morning, then a drive to the recycling center (Sabapup got to come along), then a visit to the eye doctor. That was unpleasant. Diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol have definitely impacted my vision. I knew it was deteriorating but hadn’t realized how much. I go back in 6 months. Never a dull moment!

11 Likes

The order of the products in your pictures is an OCD’ers dream! Your entire day sounds dreamy.

3 Likes