What are you doing today?

Could it be reverse sneezing (google it)? I had a dog that did the reverse sneezing and it sounded terrible but was harmless. I was lucky enough to call the vet while he was doing it and the receptionist was able to diagnose him :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks that is helpful! Both my cousin and I are procrastinators/disorganized and we need to order all the various birth certificates and marriage licenses (except our own and our kids) so it’s already taken a few months and might take a couple more. I figured a year once we sent it all in so that’s in line with your experience. Did you send color copies of the documents or originals if you don’t mind telling me?

I believe I only sent copies because I don’t remember anything in the package they eventually returned besides the citizenship certificate and a cover letter. I know I only sent copies with the passport application. Both applications were pretty specific about what they required.

1 Like

Thanks! It was more than reverse sneezing, which he does occasionally. It does seem like he has a stuffy nose - when he tries to sniff something or use his mouth to eat he snorts and gasps. I put him in a steamy bathroom for a while and will try that again also.

1 Like

Good day so far. Exercise and pup walk this morning. Mixed up some sourdough and got my stretch and folds in between the above activities. Met with a pool guy for some heater problems we have been having - :crossed_fingers: hopefully fixed!

Then I left for errands. First stop, an estate sale. Second day, so everything 25% off. Purchased 8 next to new clothes napkins for $1.50. Some vintage Christmas ornaments for daughter. A pair of adorable glass bubbly candlestick holders for D too. And a pretty heavy white glass vase — will look great with my daisies or zinnias in it! Also got a pretty white and blue planter - I love it! And a vintage blue and white jar with a wood lid.

Then I needed to stop at a garden nursery for a couple replenished plants. Must be deer resistant! While there I have been wanting a citrus tree for some time. They can be quite pricey - one spot had them for over $100! (They were good sized). Today’s nursery had Meyer lemon trees in a smaller size maybe two feet above the pot tall?) for $25 - picked up a nice grey terra cotta pot (?) and had them plant it for me - so happy to add this to my plant collection!

I’ll spend the rest of the day weeding an area and planting the replenished plants. A swim at the end. Dinner…maybe make some pizza dough with my sourdough discard and call it a day! I started Five Star Weekend last night and am anxious to watch more.

7 Likes

Back from the ortho clinic where I picked up my tall and bulky boot. Technically I’m supposed to wear it whenever ambulatory. But in discussion with the tech, after explaining I walked four miles in shoes with a cane at the Con yesterday, he thought I would do better repeating that tomorrow that instead of trying to maneuver with a brand new giant boot. He said that while looking at my X-Ray. The Con is not a friendly environment for the mobility impaired. Even with a wheelchair, it can be a half hour wait for an elevator. It was impressive how a few people managed to cosplay their wheelchair into their costume.

I think my PCP is convinced my bones are so fragile I might break something without yet knowing what the MRI will show.

3 Likes

How long did it take you to get Canadian citizenship? I’m eligible for Croatian citizenship, but from what I’ve been reading on line and what I’ve heard from my nephews (who are applying), the process can take a very long time. Apparently, you also need to hire a lawyer.

My nephews are applying because Croatia is part of the EU and having an EU country passport makes it very easy (so they tell me) to travel within EU countries.

3 Likes

Per my post above, I had all the necessary documentation (dad was born in Canada and did not become a naturalized American citizen until after I was born), but it took 17 months for the Canadian government to turn it around.

I am also eligible for Czech citizenship and have started to look into that.

1 Like

And, yay, got my passport!

11 Likes

It’s beautiful! Silly, but I want one!!! :canada:

It has a hologram of my head—so cool!

3 Likes

Well, we don’t qualify for citizenship in any other countries. Oh well.

1 Like

@HImom -same here. Great grandparents were from Italy but not sure that qualifies and anyway I don’t have enough information to do the paperwork.

The only other country that might have me is Israel. No, thank you.

I did all the regular things, plus picked up my new glasses. I like the way they look and the RX is great, but I wish they got darker in the sun. I’m so used to my previous really dark prescription sunglasses and wish I had thought to ask about how to make sure these transition lenses would get as dark as I would like. Oh, well.

I also went to an open house in the neighborhood to get reno ideas. This is the home of people we know, but I’d never been in their house. I think it presents really nicely, but I def saw a couple of things that I didn’t ilke and have filed away.

3 Likes

Update: For those who asked about how long it took to receive my Canadian citizenship papers, I modified my posts after checking – it took 17 months, not 11, but it was during Covid and there was a warning on the website that processing was slower than normal. I forgot about that.

1 Like

This morning, I’m volunteering at Cook4Vets near DC. It’s like Meals on Wheels for Veterans and their families.

Then I am driving to Baltimore with a cooler of food to bake a crostata in my friends’ oven, so they can eat it warm. He had major surgery in June and friends are invited to dine with him (on a schedule) rather than drop food off.

Then I need to remember to call a friend for a long talk on my way home. (She just had surgery).

I think another friend is stopping by to pick up the “durable medical equipment” that I borrowed for my surgery — and I’m likely cooking dinner for us!

It should be a full day of good friendship.

7 Likes

@Youdon_tsay I also have transition lenses, but the down side is I often can’t read my cell phone when I’m outside and need to see what just came in!

1 Like

Beautiful day here! I’ll spend some time at the lake. Then (sadly) going to a celebration of life in the late afternoon for a young person. The upside is we have a lot of friends who will be attending, and the family wants this to be enjoyable.

We have company coming for four days next week so I need to go shopping for happy hour foods for Friday, and make sure we have fruit and yogurt, and bacon and eggs. And salad ingredients (will buy those at the local farm). We will not have to make dinner…except for happy hour on Friday. Want to have a variety of things they can grab and go for breakfast and/or lunch. Getting locally roasted coffee too.

4 Likes

After I took Sabapup on a long walk, Mr. Sabaray and I made it down to our farmer’s market. Purchases included celery (which was a beautiful dark green), my favorite yellow tomatoes, shishito peppers and some absolutely delicious local honey that was aged in a port wine barrel for eight months. They offered a sample and once I tasted it, I knew I needed it! Then a quick stop at the grocery for everything I’d forgotten yesterday. Mr. Sabaray headed off to the gym.
This past week was just full of stupid stuff that leaves me wondering why I even bother paying for health insurance. Also PIlates and dog walks. I did some more purging and identifying items that can go to our local auction house. All in all a usual week where each day is so similar I don’t bother to report on it!

5 Likes