I am going to a story-telling event for single parents in a nearby neighborhood. I have to think of something to bring for the potluck involved. I usually have a story to tell (it’s optional) but maybe not this time.
While a little “excitement” for fun keeps life interesting, it’s the everyday stuff that keeps me happy - the routines - MINUS the annoying paper work and phone calls and sleuthing we have to do for insurance and other “must have but hate it” stuff!!
Friggen cat got me up at 3:50. I fed them a little to quiet them down, but then couldn’t go back to sleep until 5am. Got back up at 6am. I had wanted to sleep in some because the pouring rain was going to ruin my run before the the gym opened at 7. Oh well.
Gym workout - 60 min stairmonster and a teensy lifting/mobility work was solid. Played piano - and I was happy that I played Winter Winds the whole way through at roughly half tempo. My goal was to get it to roughly this point by my bday in a couple of months and have it playable for family and friends (who love me and will clap at anything) by the end of the year. I only work on it maybe an hour a week at best, so it’s been slow going… but fun.
Pumped up my tires as I got the low pressure warning when I rolled into the gym. I told H last night my car was driving funny when we had it on the bypass. It never goes 65 anymore. H told me I was imagining it. 3/4 tires were at 25-26. The other was at 35. Uh huh. Told you.
Heading to see my parents at the lake. I don’t enjoy water stuff, but it’ll be nice to see my parents. It feels like it’s been awhile.
Got up too late for yoga ( late night binging on “Five Star Weekend “). Returned my library books and stopped by the farmers market. Bought lettuce, tomatoes and kale. Came home and made a big green salad.
I’ll be leaving in a bit to attend an open house at an apartment building which is on my “ potential “ list. A friend lives there and loves it.
After the apartment visit, I’ll be shopping at a ( locally owned small business) toy store near me. GD and GS both have birthdays this week.
Went on all my internet forums. Went to the gym. And here I am. ![]()
Playing golf this afternoon with friends and going to their house for dinner.
Breakfast with H where we did our daily puzzles.
Instead of working out today, I deep cleaned the bathroom. Dusted, swept and washed the kitchen and living room floors. Did laundry including matching all the socks which I put off until I have to!
Cut up fruit to take to dinner. Made a simple salad sans lettuce.
Read all my forums also!
I am unusually hungry today so quit my workout halfway through to eat lunch! Guess I’ll get back on the treadmill after I’m done here. This is my easy day so I do an hour or so of a slow walk on there.
I sent dh to the open house of the place I went yesterday so he could see what I was talking about when I mentioned things I liked and things I didn’t and how we can incorporate them into our reno. He’s still there so I guess he’s chatting up the Realtor.
I’ll find something to watch on TV while I get things ready for mahjong Tuesday. Turns out that we did have a usable card table so now I just need my friend to bring over her two sets. I want to try to teach dh how to play so at least understands when I drone on about it. ![]()
I spent another day at Comic-Con where I walked only three miles on my ankle with the injury of non-specific origin. This was after bad insomnia, also of non-specific origin, so only a couple of hours of sleep. I filled all my objectives for the day, including attending four panels and buying a few pins.
My favorite panel was Reacher’s Back and Neagly’s In, with half a dozen cast members of Reacher. It was the show’s first time at Comic-Con. I’m a fan of the show and books and Alan Ritchson. He was extremely charming - and extremely handsome! Alas, there was no excuse for him to take off his shirt like he does in every episode of the show. There were “reveals” of the upcoming seasons and everyone was having fun.
After a slow shuttle ride back, I rested a bit - both feet hurt equally- and we went out for a casual marina front dinner nearby, where I had a Mai Tai. Then home where I opened the iPad to read and post in CC and promptly fell asleep for several hours.
I may or may not go back to the Con tomorrow depending on how I feel when I get up. It really would just be to walk the booths and maybe buy a couple more pins. We shall see. Hate to waste the ticket but also hate painful feet.
Can you use an electric board or wheelchair or small electric car? All the young neighbors get around on anything but their feet.
Not at this point, certainly. Just woke up and decided to stay home. There were certainly knee scooters and wheelchairs around. But transporting one, not to mention maneuvering amongst the crowds on the exhibit floor, would be more trouble than benefit at this point.
I can still change my mind though! Free shuttles run all day.
Maybe someone will want to buy your ticket for today?
Tickets are not transferable; your name is on them. If someone gets caught using someone else’s ticket (unlikely but possible), the seller is banned for their lifetime. Comic-Con does not want a secondary market although unfortunately it exists. My senior half price for Sunday was only $20.
I’d prioritize your health over worrying about $20 contribution to ComicCon. Overuse is dangerous if you know you’ve already injured it an exercised it considerably yesterday. I’m sure you’ll make a choice that makes sense to you.
Oh, I’m staying home for sure now per advice of my body and mind. I had a day of rest between Thursday and yesterday so that helped. I never pushed myself and used my new cane and caution; also planned a bit differently than usual. Yesterday was mostly sitting but it was a third of a mile between the shuttle stop and the entrance, plus getting around the convention center. I will say having the ADA sticker did give me a bit of an advantage in a few instances. I do not advise spraining an ankle to gain that advantage!
Recovered from last night’s (this morning’s) food poisoning to juggle all my airline miles and the special promo Delta is doing when buying gift cards (promo bonus flying miles with purchase) and then turned around and booked tickets with a friend for the 4 of us to travel together next year. Now doing the AARP senior defensive driving class. Fun. Not.
After breakfast, finished watching Ransom Canyon on Netflix and then decided to skip my regular workout (weights) in order to continue the hands-and-knees scrubbing of the tile while listening to podcasts. Finally sitting down to lunch at 2:30 and getting on cc.
Now I’m done and trying to decide whether to continue obsessively cleaning this tile, because no good sports are on. ![]()
Lazy Sunday morning. Slept in ‘til 6:45. Had multiple cups of coffee with DH, then cut/colored his hair. Went to Home Depot in the afternoon to pick up a few more bags of mulch, some perennials, and a quart each of the porch stain and railing/cabin trim to do some touchup later this week. Made lentil soup for dinner and refreshed my sourdough starter to begin a new loaf tomorrow. Trying to finish an e-book that will expire in three days which I’m sure will occur before I reach the end.
I love that you cut your dh’s hair. I cut my dh’s hair, too. ![]()
Went to yoga by the lake this morning, it was a great class but so hot and muggy already. Had to stop and pick up some cupcakes and ice cream- going to D and SIL’s in a few to celebrate GS birthday (today), and GD birthday (last Wednesday).
A boring day, but I got a lot of junk tasks done. Firmed up plans to host a brunch next Sunday for some dog park friends. Went to Home Depot and bought a few annuals to fill in where my perennials have failed. Dragged out the sewing machine and fixed DH’s tennis shirt on which the binding around the neck had come unraveled. Put new felt pads on the legs of the kitchen stools. Dinner is only leftovers because it appears everything I’ve made the last few days has lots of leftovers.
