What are you doing today?

I went to church and stayed after for a childrens’ music camp performance of “Oh, Jonah” since middle GD had participated in music camp all week. Fun to be back to doing things in the world more since my knee surgery and conclusion of PT 10 days ago (surgeon told me at 2 month follow up that I had hit my 120 degree goal). Best little serendipity was that after leaving church I decided to try one of the Jeni’s shops that I thought might have reasonable parking (parking in Nashville is worse than surviving dental work, IMO). I found this location had FREE parking and close with my handicap access (using my knee issues for handicapped parking for now). I popped in and bought some of the limited edition of Biscuits with the Boss (Ted Lasso) ice cream. I wanted some when they offered it a few years ago and missed the boat, but this time have checked that box. I got a taste in the store and brought home a pint for consumption this week. :tada: :tada:

4 Likes

A very nice quiet day at the lake with the lake friends. DD and husband came over for the afternoon too so that was nice. It was a little breezy, and sort of chilly, but pleasant. And since this coming week looks sort of awful weather wise, I decided to take advantage of the nice day outdoors.

4 Likes

We went to large shopping center & played PokemonGo with 100s people of other folks—lots of youngsters, some parents and a few retirees. Had a nice lunch at restaurant at Macy’s, which is MUCH more relaxing than food court (and better seating). H is now napping as S arrives late tonight from LA, where he stopped over to visit his cousins.

4 Likes

Well, it seems I am not going back to the Ortho boot clinic to get a boot I can actually walk in. Doctor ordered a tall boot, I guess as a precaution, for the injury of unknown origin (I am really getting into that phrase). MRI is not for a couple of weeks. Tall boot is uncomfortable and presses my shin and calf and aggravates my hip. I sent a picture and got an appointment, but subsequently got a call from the clinic explaining they couldn’t reboot me based on the order.

So we agreed I could just stay home and rely on my compression socks. I’ve already done my major walking days with socks and cane so will continue that.

Good, I didn’t want to go out anyway.

3 Likes

You can order just about any medical equipment on amazon if you want to try and find a replacement.

I buy all my CPAP supplies on amazon. I’ve bought a walking shoe when I had a stress fracture. Much cheaper than buying the exact same supplies at the medical equipment store

Not sure if it would make the ankle worse so I wouldn’t rely on me for medical advice. Although I’ve stayed at an holiday inn express :wink:

3 Likes

Played golf this morning, badly but I played. I have a bit of elbow soreness so I might need to rest it.

Thunderstorms started right when we got home so fortuitous timing.

Steak for dinner.

3 Likes

My cleaning ladies were here this AM so DH and I went out to breakfast. Then I wandered around Home Goods for a while. Went to Walgreens and got an adorable photo of grandson printed. It’s an AI-generated photo that his teacher created of him in a king’s costume looking fierce as hell. For his 5th birthday, I’m giving him the photo (in a frame of course) as a gift along with a costume that looks very similar to what the AI photo has him wearing.

Anyway, then to the library to pick up some fiction, to the ATM to deposit some random checks, then home for lunch. Made it to the gym (obliques) and then a long walk in the woods with the dog. Leftovers for dinner again.

DH has an appointment on August 20 to get the Watchman placed so he can finally get off the terrible horrible no good very bad blood thinner he’s been on forever. I can’t wait.

1 Like

I had to have some cardiac imaging this morning, so started Monday off without my coffee. To add insult to injury, I had to drink several glasses of water. Blech! And all before 8 am. We stopped for breakfast (and coffee) on the way home and sadly it was terrible. Did some laundry then joined a friend for lunch. Tomorrow can only be better!

4 Likes

I’ve been walking on this for a month and if there’s any fracture, it didn’t show on the X-ray. From what the Ortho guy said, that’s the only style boot that could protect? So continuing as I have been is better than a different boot. Whatever. I know there’s something I don’t know but until I know what it is, I know nothing. I do know how to be careful walking to not strain the unknown.

4 Likes

It was not supposed to rain here today, but it poured for quite a long while…and I mean poured!

I was inside…did my volunteer gig, the mah jongg.

Came home and had a smoothie.

I see the dentist tomorrow for my two week follow up after my second implant visit. I’m really hoping this goes well, and he tells me I can eat real food. I’m tired of soft stuff.

2 Likes

Mulched and planted some daisies around the stoop at the back of the cabin. Supposedly, these are perennials. We’ll see.

11 Likes

We had a quick trip home to celebrate my sister’s retirement on Saturday, then headed back here yesterday.

There’s some rotten wood on the deck rails, so we spent a good part of the day removing posts and glass. H spends a lot of time drawing out his plans then talking me through them. Fortunately, I don’t have to pay a lot of attention to anything other than what he wants my help with. Tomorrow we’ll head south to pick up lumber for the repairs.

Salmon, a broccoli salad, and an Oregon Pinot for dinner. Now relaxing in front of the fire with the rest of the wine.

6 Likes

So pretty and peaceful. Where is this, if you don’t mind saying?

1 Like

On the Hood Canal in WA.

I want to be in the woods.

4 Likes

We are at our lake house. Worked yesterday morning on my consulting business. Ordered a large air purifier for my MIL’s country house and a cycling jersey and pants for ShawWife, visited an elderly and well-known Canadian ceramicist’s house for ShawWife to say hello again and purchase some exquisite ceramics for us and for friends, and then went for a 20 mile bike ride along a rail trail and then dinner at a creperie that make gluten free crepes for ShawWife (with a day’s notice). Watched the first part of Death on the Nile (directed/acted by Kenneth Branagh). This morning, a call with my colleague to talk about an article we are writing and plans for a client, helped ShawWife pick Queen Anne’s Lace flower for something related to ShawD’s wedding (seat assignments?), then went for a one hour bike ride on the rail trail and had dinner at a wood-fire pizza place and then finished Death on the Nile.

1 Like

Gorgeous!

I’ve been talking to a representative of DH’s health plan now for – oh, now one hour and two minutes – as he researches why DH has to pay a $280 copay every time he goes to the wound care center at the hospital. Ah, the rep says it’s because our plan has a $280 copay for outpatient hospital visits. But no, I can’t see a Summary of Benefits online that shows that because their portal is having “an issue.” He will send me a hardcopy of the SOB but I won’t receive it for 7 to 10 business days. Of course.

And I had to hand DH the phone at the start of the call for him to give me permission to speak to the insurance company on his behalf, even though we sent them their required form allowing me to do so six weeks ago. They “haven’t received it yet.” They allege they will call me back on Friday to update me. Sure.

Maybe I should have put all this in the Say It Here thread, but – here we are.

And how’s your day going? :angry:

5 Likes

I am guessing he’s not on Medicare? Do the copays at least count toward the annual out of pocket max?

I went to the dentist for a check on the second part of my (expensive) implant. All seems to be well, and I was cleared to eat and chew solid food! YAY! So I called a friend and we met for brunch. I had a bagel with lox, herbed cream cheese, tomato, and capers. It was delicious. And a honey latte which was also delicious!

It’s raining off and on here…so I did errands in preparation for out of town guests coming tomorrow. Every time I went into a store, it was fine. And everytime I left a store, it was pouring. I look like a drowned rat!

1 Like

Is the wedding soon?!