What are you doing today?

I read this in a TOTALLY other way than you meant/intended…then again, with how the call is going, maybe it’s accurate…. :joy:

5 Likes

We’re in a Medicare Advantage plan. So, different than Medicare. We don’t pay any monthly premium other than our Medicare amount, but this nickel-and-dime stuff is starting to hurt.

1 Like

Quiet day at home. I reglued a few loose pieces on my older miniature houses and put them back where they came from. Used Shout on a mild stain on my Comic-Con regency gown - there’s a faint outline but dress is dry clean only and for what I paid and what I use it for, not worth the cost. I did some time in the pool, including ankle exercises. And put away my Comic-Con swag etc., including what I got for son’s birthday visit in December.

So a mildly efficient yet still relaxing day.

3 Likes

Busy errands today. Got me teeth cleaned at 8am by dental hygienist, plus a full set of dental x-rays (every 5 years). Also helped H get his blood tests—had to call the med center several times so they’d fax the test forms. FINALLY he got all 7 vials filled & blood will be tested (hopefully results will return before his appt with provider next week).

Then we had nice lunch at diner with S & left a car at shopping center & went to CPA to chat & pick up returns. We got huge medical deductions this year, which helped offset income, so our estimated taxes ended up paying for 1st 3 quarter payments if fed for 2026 and they’ll calculate what we owe in estimated taxes for a property sale that is closing later this year in which I own 1.4%.

It was nice that S and our CPA met, so they can talk moving forward as necessary, since he is our financial POA when need arises. It was nice to finally meet the CPA who has been working for the founding partner 18 years & will take over when the founder retires “soon.”

Ran a few more errands and an now home with NY steaks in fridge for dinner!

1 Like

The long-awaited mahjong hosting happened. Couldn’t sleep last night so I’m tired tonight, plus burning off the nervous energy of having people over. Of course, it all went great. Dh was such a help. Ate two small cookies and a mini apple streudel I was told came from Costco. Yummy, but it’s sitting on my stomach like a rock.

After they left, talked a friend who is having conflict with one of her children off the ledge. Man, I thank my lucky stars for my kids and their in-laws. She gave me the nicest compliment via text: “You’re what I need! A dose of reality and a lot of sympathy! And common sense advice even when I don’t want to hear it! :smirking_face:” I sent her this emoji :innocent: and she said to look out for lightning! lol

Talked to my sister while getting a lifting workout in and watching the Mystics win! YEA! All in all a good day, but I’m ready to hit the hay!

5 Likes

Wednesday laundry and cleaning on a lovely overcast day. Donating blood this afternoon.

2 Likes

Going to Costco this morning with a friend. Then I’ll squeeze in some time at the gym. This afternoon, I have to be home for when the Frontier guy comes to hook up our fiberoptic internet connection. Soon, no more cable!! And this evening, a Zoom book club meeting. The book is The Measure, which I really enjoyed.

3 Likes

It’s raining…and it’s supposed to rain all day. A good day to get everything in order for the out of town guests who are arriving early this afternoon. Almost everything is ready…just need to get out towels for them, and straighten up my kitchen counters!

2 Likes

I woke up to this so no telling WHAT I can do today! lol

5 Likes

Picking up a friend in Manhattan after colonoscopy. I believe we’ll have a good meal on the way home.

4 Likes

Labor Day weekend.

2 Likes

I bow down!!! Clapping hands! I aim for “fair” on my sleep. Sometimes I’m good, but never over 90!

I just finished my first Easy German call in well over a year, maybe even 18 months. This is just so way outside my comfort zone, but I feel better doing it in my office with a good computer setup vs my laptop. I spoke with a Candian, Mexican, Ukranian, Iranian, Dane, and I’m forgetting who else. I speak so well in my head and so badly out loud! I need to practice more.

Otherwise it was a very ordinary day. Woke up very early - with a not very good sleep score. I’m sure I was nervous about today. And soon I will be heading home for “lunch.” Shh… Not sure how long I can keep doing that, but for today it made it easier to actually do the call knowing I could still get my peanut butter bagel at home in my recliner…

Going to pick up KFC for H tonight. Tomorrow is his bday. I have gotten him nothing. He won’t like anything I get and he buys himself everything whenever he wants it. He loves KFC, so this will at least be a surprise. He’ll be happy and I can have my PB bagel again for dinner! Tomorrow we’re going to the “big city” for Jimmy John’s - his favorite pick of the fast food group.

3 Likes

Happy birthday to ClassicDad! Fun fact, my first job was at a KFC.
This morning I had a nice walk with Sabapup, then my reformer class. Puttered around the house and texted with D a bit, then another walk with Sabapup. They are putting up new playground equipment and we are now best friends with the workers. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but! it is what it is.

3 Likes

I’m usually only OK, sometimes worse. So, I bow down to both of you.

1 Like

I have a skylight that’s leaking and dripping down on to a wooden floor. Got a bucket to catch the drip, called the contracting firm who recently helped us with other repair, and sent the folks a video of the small crack near the edge of the skylight, which seems to be the sources of the leak. It’s not my day!

We built our house 23 years ago and I’m having to do lots of replacements. Beside the leak, I learned that our boiler—a Viessman—is the Mercedes of boilers according to the HVAC who I called for an estimate. He’s also going to give me an estimate for another boiler—a Burnham–which he says is the Ford of boilers! I just hate dealing with this stuff.

7 Likes

I worked out this morning, vacuumed the basement, did laundry, had lunch at a Thai restaurant, and stopped for ice cream at a family run place we’ve been going to for years. The owner apologized profusely when we showed up … she knew we made a special trip there for Irish Cream, our favorite flavor. The machine used for that flavor was acting up, and they didn’t have any. She felt so badly, because we don’t live nearby (we started going there many years ago when we worked nearby). We made sure to reassure her that it’s okay - we know she didn’t have any control over the situation - and we ordered vanilla/chocolate twist cones. We’re easy customers! H & I both saved enough lunch that we can have it for dinner tonight. We’ll walk in a bit - it’s a lovely day.

4 Likes

I attended my online Tai Chi class, mainly seated.

Also did a deep dive into the language of my X-ray and learned I have:

Minimal osseous irregularity: A tiny rough spot or minor change on the outer surface of the bone where a tendon or ligament pulls, or from a mild past impact.

And: The imaging cannot tell if this is a fresh tiny bone bruise, an old minor injury, or just normal variation following a foot sprain.

So until the MRI, no idea what is going on but sounds like something that will just take time. More of the X-Ray language just tells me I have all sorts of ongoing irregularities with my foot bones.

Other than reattaching a strap on my hat that pulled loose at Comic-Con, nothing else to do today.

3 Likes

I didn’t know this until some of our skylights that were probably installed 15-20 years ago started leaking is that skylights have an expected life that is not that long (10 years?) so one needs to think about replacing them.

1 Like

I hate that kind of stuff too. with an old house, I’m always crossing my fingers and toes everything holds together. We had to replace our boiler and our AC in the same year. The boiler was so heavy, the guys could not carry it down to our basement without taking it apart and reassembling it. I can’t remember if it was only the weight they couldn’t handle, or they weren’t sure if our rickety staircase would support it. Ugh… I love boiler heat, but hate dealing with the boiler

2 Likes