Who is l337 enough to...

<p>thrill3r, how did you get the little dictionary search thingy in the top left corner? Do you have to download the toolbar from the site?</p>

<p>it's included with the new firefox, then you can add search engines</p>

<p>Ahh, I see it on the add ons page now. Thanks!!!</p>

<p>I would have answered this question if it hadn't been old</p>

<p>UCLA's</a> Scholars Program</p>

<p>you're just have to dig in everything about me, huh? :D</p>

<p>anyways, i'm still looking for an opinion about that question.</p>

<p>

[quote="laTina, post:9, topic:10"]

You get the numbers from the post number. (in the top right hand corner of the post box)

[/quote]
</p>

<p>How do the excessively long numbers so I can be a scamp like Avid Student suggested?
Source:

[quote="AvidStudent, post:15, topic:10"]

You can always point ppl to 5 year old threads.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Whut?</p>

<p>"How do the excessively long numbers so I can be a scamp like Avid Student suggested?" </p>

<p>And your links aren't working bee tee dubz. :)</p>

<p>lol they are not.</p>

<p>you know the numbers that are like 25 digits long? Where do they come from? :O</p>

<p>Post</a> number</p>

<p>Copy and paste the link from the red number... you should get something like: http:// talk.collegeconfidential.com / 1065339008 -post48.html</p>

<p>Then that's the number you use after the semi colon.</p>

<p>
[quote]
anyways, i'm still looking for an opinion about that question.

[/quote]

I don't have a strong opinion. I was originally planning to go for it, but I'm not sure now whether I'll stick with pure math (as opposed to applied/statistics). It's a good opportunity to take a bunch of graduate classes (which are more important in math than in other areas of science), but it also might require taking a bunch of math classes at the same time, which might not be good for your GPA or actual understanding of the material. I'm not sure how selective it is. I'm also not sure what the process is for getting into graduate classes if you're not in the program.</p>

<p>If you're good enough you would probably be able to be in an Analysis class taught by Terence Tao. From what I've read though, being able to say you have a Masters in math isn't particularly valuable by itself.</p>