Why can't girls express their sexuality like guys?

<p>If a guy sleeps with a lot of girls he gets a high five and a pat on the back. Some girls find that a turn on apparently.
But when a girl does that, she gets called a slut. That's really sad and wrong...</p>

<p>Guys make a lot of sex jokes in public and girls do it with themselves in the bathroom.
<_<
What??</p>

<p>I think that females are naturally more private about their personal (sexual) lives. It's just not the social norm for girls to let everyone know who they're ****ing.</p>

<p>Wow.. I wonder what kinda girls think that's a turn on.</p>

<p>Why would anyone tell themselves sex jokes in the bathroom?</p>

<p>socialization. just like when you all have daughters, most likely than not, you will raise your daughters differently from your sons. you'll encourage certain behavior among males yet you wont among females. it's complicated...</p>

<p>^^Read my sentence carefully. </p>

<p>idk...is it really socialization? Or are girls really not interested in sex as much as guys are?</p>

<p>There's a biological basis for that. They call it the Parental Investment Theory. </p>

<p>Now, the Parental Investment Theory suggests that the sex making the greatest investment in raising the young (for humans the female) will be more discriminating in mating than the sex that invests less for the offspring. (the male) This is because (successful) reproduction will cost the female much greater resources than it would for the male. However, the theory also states that the sex investing less resources will also be more reproductively competitive amongst each other. </p>

<p>Therefore. When a guy sleeps with a lot of girls, he is congratulated by his friends because he has successfully demonstrated his ability to win the sexual selection game. When a girl sleeps with a lot of guys, she is called a slut because she has carelessly been receptive to numerous um... genetic material without considering the costs of reproduction to herself or her potential offspring. </p>

<p>See... it's not just dumb prejudice.</p>

<p>@John117, why would a girl be turned on by a guy who has slept with many girls before? They might prefer a guy with experience or whatever, but why would you be turned on because he's slept with like 10 girls as to just one or two.</p>

<p>^ I'm not a girl so I have no idea if this is anywhere close to true but I think that if a guy mentions casually that he has had some relationships another girl may take that as a bona fide.</p>

<p>
[quote=]
The Parental Investment Theory suggests that the sex making the greatest investment in raising the young (for humans the female) will be more discriminating in mating than the sex that invests less for the offspring. (the male) This is because (successful) reproduction will cost the female much greater resources than it would for the male. However, the theory also states that the sex investing less resources will also be more reproductively competitive amongst each other. </p>

<p>Therefore. When a guy sleeps with a lot of girls, he is congratulated by his friends because he has successfully demonstrated his ability to win the sexual selection game. When a girl sleeps with a lot of guys, she is called a slut because she has carelessly been receptive to numerous um... genetic material without considering the costs of reproduction to herself or her potential offspring.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Or to put it simply: "If a key opens a bunch of different locks then it is awesome because it's a master key. If a lock is opened by a bunch of different keys then it is a really crappy lock.</p>

<p>Definitely. I was going to write something but realized that Gryffon's post basically covered it all. Just in much more detailed and professional-sounding terms lol.</p>

<p>Has no relation to the thread, but</p>

<p>Congrsts on Caltech, John!! :) (just noticed)</p>

<p>it's just not lady like...we gottta keep it classy for you studs. mind you we do express our sexuality when there are no guys around hahha</p>

<p>@John117: you're going to caltech??! congrats! :) But Duke is better rounded though :)</p>

<hr>

<p>I think it would be extremely awkward/weird if girls started doing that...</p>

<p>
[quote]
Or to put it simply: "If a key opens a bunch of different locks then it is awesome because it's a master key. If a lock is opened by a bunch of different keys then it is a really crappy lock."

[/quote]

Best explanation and recap on the good info given by Gryffon.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Or to put it simply: "If a key opens a bunch of different locks then it is awesome because it's a master key. If a lock is opened by a bunch of different keys then it is a really crappy lock.

[/quote]

/thread</p>

<p>gg</p>

<p>TYIL, epic win analogy!</p>

<p>He didnt make it, its a well know analogy.</p>

<p>He's also posted it before</p>

<p>Well, I don't know. I mean, key analogy aside I don't like it. Sluts are legit cool people if you ever get to really know one, mainly they're funny as hell and they party a lot. But I seriously know a ton of girls to make sex jokes (that aren't sluts) including me. </p>

<p>Also don't get girls finding a guy who sleeps around a lot attractive, at least not the average girl, more like the below average girl might.</p>

<p>^nailed it.</p>

<p>"Sluts are legit cool people if you ever get to really know one"
Stereotypes are stupid, no matter which way they go.</p>