right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Meet Kai, the Knowledgeable CC Bot!

CCadmin_SorinCCadmin_Sorin 2927 replies409 threads Community Manager
Kai is a knowledgeable bot designed to help you access resources and tips that can guide students and parents through the college admissions journey.

If you've got questions but you aren't sure where to find answers, consider asking Kai, which can provide guidance any time, day or night. Kai is familiar with many of the most common queries, from finding scholarships to filling out the Common App and beyond.

You can ask Kai things like:
Where can I find scholarships?
What do I need for college applications?
Any SAT study tips?

To ask Kai a question, simply click on the Kai icon anywhere throughout the College Confidential site and then enter your query. For more information, check out this video. If you have further questions on how to use Kai or feedback on how to improve Kai, let us know by commenting below.
114 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Meet Kai, the Knowledgeable CC Bot!

• CCadmin_JonCCadmin_Jon 223 replies25 threads Community Manager
    skieurope wrote: »
    What the blue bar does do is cover (and therefore render inoperable) the moderator task bar on my my mobile.

I'm working with the product team to find a solution. There's no option to dismiss Kai currently. I'll let you all know when I get an update.
    · Reply · Share
  • GKUnionGKUnion 1006 replies19 threads Senior Member
    edited September 3
    I look at Kai the same way Daniel LaRusso looked at Cobra Kai. I wish there was a Crane Technique for CC....
    edited September 3
    · Reply · Share
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri 10207 replies393 threads Senior Member
    @CCadmin_Jon, There's no way for individual users to remove it or your team can't back the update out for everyone?
    · Reply · Share
    @CCadmin_Jon, There's no way for individual users to remove it or your team can't back the update out for everyone?

I've talked with the developer team about this. We are still looking at solutions.
    · Reply · Share
    What is going to revitalize CC is not bells and whistles, it is the encouragement of thoughtful and interesting discussions.

I agree, actually. The chat bot is intended to help new users answer basic and common questions so that those aren't asked on the forums. I can see that it's a lot less useful for people who have moved past the sorts of questions a bot can answer.
    · Reply · Share
    It was popping up in the middle of my phone screen when trying to scroll through to see the new threads.

Are you talking about the "How can I help?" banner? If so, what device and browser are you using. That shouldn't be in the middle of the screen ever. (To confuse matters, there's an introductory video which can be dismissed. That banner can be in the middle of the screen.)
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 8029 replies39 threads Senior Member
    As a suggestion since you have users here that care.... Have a beta group that is willing to beta new feature. Have old and new users. I am sure you would get useful feedback at the least. Due to my keyboard and positions of the blue line of help. Yes, it's in the middle of the screen. Pixal 3A newest update.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 11051 replies137 threads Senior Member
    @CCadmin_Jon - I was using an iPhone 10 with Safari. And yes, the blue "How can we help" banner moved from the bottom of my screen to the middle while I was scrolling. More than once. When I stopped scrolling it moved back. Once my phone is charged I'll see if I can get a screen shot of it if that will help.
    · Reply · Share