Does it mean anything that I’m still waiting but I was able to register for the open house?
Hi there, thanks for your info I remember you from 3 yrs ago when my older son applied. Today would typically be waitlist day, wouldn’t it?
Yesterday would have been 1 week since the admit wave so the waitlist wave was expected either yesterday or today.
I noticed in your earlier post that some of the release times were late, like 6:30pm.
Yes so still possible some decisions post this evening.
how did you register? did u find the linnk?
In the portal
Found this:
Registration Information
Registration is only required for Admitted Students’ Discovery Day on April 10. Registration will open in mid-March when emails are sent to admitted students. An RSVP is not required for events held April 9 or 11. There are some special events that require tickets such as Poly Royal Rodeo, Alumni Beer and Wine Garden, and certain sporting events.
Anyone think additional decisions will get released today?
Yes, I’m curious as well. We are still waiting on UC Berkley (which is the 26th, I believe), SDSU & Cal Poly SLO.
Exactly the same for us– final 3.
anything yet? Is the second “wave” of admits usually this small and are we all thinking waitlists are next?
There isn’t always a second wave of admits. My daughter’s application year, there were the three big waves - admit, waitlist, denials. In between, there were a handful of other decisions, but not an actual wave.
I have seen SO few admits pop up anywhere online since the first wave- it’s odd
It’s so frustrating because we want to go to poly cultural weekend but it’s across the country for us and we can’t just plan a week out
I went and looked at Gumbymom’s post about my daughter’s application cycle and it looked like this:
Admit wave with IS and OOS on Friday March 10,2023. Trickle of admits reported March 17-24 but not confirmed. Portfolio admits March 24 along with waitlist decisions posted after 6 pm. Denials posted on Thursday March 30. 2023.
Seems we are following a similar pattern this year. My daughter was waitlisted and the wait was a bit brutal. Luckily she received her acceptance to her top choice the same day as the notification.
What date did she get off the waitlist?
She didn’t. She might not have even accepted the spot on the waitlist. I don’t remember.
I meant that the wait between the admit wave and the waitlist wave was brutal. I think it’s a cruel way to do things to the point that I’m not sure my second daughter will apply.
