Comments on New Forum

<p>Topic is self-explanatory. Feedback is welcome. :)</p>

<p>definately a lot better than the old ones.</p>

<p>Registering is a bit of a hassle, though. :-D.. But it's GREAT!</p>

<p>// EDIT: Minus the posting restrictions of 60 seconds <em>shakes fist</em></p>

<p>The registration took me a good 15 minutes. And the 60 seconds thing is a bitch. I cans ee why, but 60 seconds is a lot of time. 30 seconds might more feasible.</p>

<p>Otherwise, it's kick-ass! I love that you reorganized the alphabetical listing and you named the schools "CC's top" instead of the arbitary USNews top 25. </p>

<p>It's great. The section on international students is definitely needed.</p>

<p>and what's up with the GMT... over 60% of the people here are eastern. </p>

<p>Eastern or Mountain....</p>

<p>i dont like the fact that pushing the "refresh" button refreshes the thread. I always found it convenient in the old thread that this would bring me back to the main board. But i suppose your new URL system forbids this... oh well. I do like how fast the new CC is, though.</p>

<p>I prefer the old one - perhaps it was "archaic" but I liked the emphasis on the poster's message as opposed to profile, look at my avatar, email people here, IM them there, and actually thought that was intentional. Won't it get a bit too personal this way, like the pr boards?
It's also too bad that posts couldn't be transferred, because a LOT of the stuff back there was extremely valuble and will now be pushed into obscurity.
But I'm addicted, so i'll be crazy active here anyway :)</p>

<p>mmmm
the new forum is sexxxxyyyy</p>

<p>kinda like me</p>

<p>hahahahahahaha
someone has no shortage of self confidence</p>

<p>no, i'm actually being modest</p>

<p>lol you crack me up</p>

<p>A few quick notes:</p>

<ul>
<li><p>Default Time IS set to Eastern Time. You can change your personal time setting in My Profile - Edit Options</p></li>
<li><p>Not sure why registration took 15 minutes - was that the lag in e-mailing the password?</p></li>
</ul>

<p>Thanks, I fixed the time thing.</p>

<p>It probably took so long because I changed my email address.</p>

<p>its a lot better than the old forum. Perhaps there should be user levels for post counts?</p>

<p>Like</p>

<p>1-15 posts - Safety School
16-40 posts - State School
41-100 - LAC
100-200 - Top 25 School
200-300 - Ivy League
301-400 - Harvard
401-500 - Oxford
501+ Cambridge</p>

<p>just an idea.</p>

<p>Yea that'd be cool. </p>

<p>Except I don't really agree with Harvard being above ivy league... and Oxford above harvard... but the concept is a good one.</p>

<p>I would put LACs above Top 25 Unis, too.</p>

<p>I just kinda threw names out there. Yeah it should be edited up though.</p>

<p>I miss encomium! I can't use him because I deleted encomium's original email! Now I have to use encomiumII</p>

<p>I'll throw my vote in for lowering the post time limit. For the forums I used to run, the time limit was imposed because of bots spamming threads rapidly. I think a limit of 20 seconds is perfect.</p>