Links are broken in alphabetical list of colleges

“-link-link” is added after the college’s name in the address, which is the problem. After deleting that, I can still get to the college’s subforum.

Adding: not all of them, just some of them. I’m trying to figure out whether there’s a straightforward way to figure out which ones without clicking on every single one.

@evergreen5, I cannot replicate the issue. Can you please confirm which school from the list you are trying to access? Thanks!

Some random examples, Bowdoin, Colgate, Notre Dame, WashU, UPenn, UChicago. I’ll try to make a list. Some of those I’ve probably clicked on recently, some not. (Other colleges I have clicked on recently do work. I was beginning to wonder if it’s me.) The problem started yesterday.

I see the same problem evergreen is seeing, it is obvious which colleges are affected because they show 0 posts and threads.

Further, I am having other problems today, on Firefox using a MacBook Pro.

1)If I read a thread and backspace out of it, the thread looks like I still have unread messages.

2)If I try to click like, helpful or agree on a post, I get this error:

3)I was unable to edit one of my posts, within the 15 minute window.

I switched over to Chrome browser, and do not have any of these issues there.

@evergreen, I was able to replicate the issue on some of the colleges you mentioned. I’ll create an internal ticket.

@Mwfan1921, can you please send screenshots on admin@collegeconfidential.com? Thanks!

(I am using Chrome on a relatively new PC - I downloaded Chrome a few weeks ago.)

Links from the alphabetical list that won’t work for me:

Amherst, Barnard, Brown, Bates, UCB, UCLA, Caltech, Carleton, Columbia, CMU, UChicago, Colby, Claremont McKenna, Colgate, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Duke, Emory, Georgetown, Grinnell, Haverford, Hamilton, Harvard, Harvey Mudd, Johns Hopkins, Kenyon, Macalaster, Mt Holyoke, MIT, U Michigan, Middlebury, Notre Dame, UNC, Northwestern, Oberlin, Pomona, UPenn, Princeton, Reed, Rice, Swarthmore, Smith, Stanford, Tulane, Trinity College, US Merchant Marine, USMA, USAFA, US Coast Guard, USNA, Vandy, Vassar, UVA, Whitman, Washington & Lee, WashU, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Williams, Yale

Notice that they are selective colleges, both LACs and perhaps what were among the “Top CC Universities,” if that old list still exists, the clue being the inclusion of Tulane.

So, my suspicion, not knowing anything at all about website construction, is that these broken links from the alphabetical list went to those old groupings (Top CC Universities, LACs, Military Academies) rather than directly to the subforum. But, happily, the subforums still exist, if you delete the “-link-link” from the address bar.