<p>I’m sure my dad would help. If he refused I bet my grandparents would help, but I’m sure he would help, but then again I’m not sure. But I know for sure my mom says I should go and not end up like my dad, he dropped out because he didn’t like it. And nowadays it’s more important, at least in the US.</p>
<p>OH I ALMOST FORGOT! My school doesn’t do GPAs but my counselor said they can calculate one which I haven’t done yet.</p>
<p>And I’ve taken TAKS and just waiting for my English TAKS grade, I’m pretty sure I’m good on that. But it might be a couple weeks for the grade to come in (i had to make it up because I wasn’t able to come to school when it was at first)</p>
<p>ACC doesn’t have room&board but that’s another issue.</p>
<p>tlcmommi4: Cartman -as far as we know- is in the alternative high school because 1° he has a disability which 2° led him to being bullied pretty badly (this is based on another thread). To compound his problems, his father refuses to acknowledge the disability and tries to push him to do things which act as a trigger, so he shouldn’t stay at home next year.</p>
<p>Cartman: it’s good your mom is supportive. </p>
<p>Ask your counselor to calculate your GPA ASAP.</p>
<p>Well according to their website they do have room and board and it is listed at $9272. </p>
<p>[Cost</a> of Attendance | Austin Community College District](<a href=“http://www.austincc.edu/tuition-and-financial-aid/obtain-financial-aid/cost-of-attendance]Cost”>Cost of Attendance | Financial Aid | Austin Community College District)</p>
<p>And I did read his other threads, he stated his mom goes along with whatever his father says. I only saw “OCD” listed as his “disability”. I have OCD, I am not disabled. I just like all of my cabinet doors shut and things lined up evenly. I like a clean, organized home and have mini anxiety attacks when things arent the way they should be. I do not believe OCD is a disability. Although, I do believe he does have other issues not being named. </p>
<p>While reading through this thread and the others, it is apparent that he has a lot stacked up against him. While not impossible, it is highly unlikely he will be able to get through this process without his parents complete support and assistance.</p>
<p>Cartman - I just saw that you said your mom wants you to go to college. Sorry on another thread you said she stands by your dads decisions. Well if she wants you to go, you need to have her help you get through the entire process and quickly.</p>
<p>nysmile, i forgot to say that i know girls will not throw themselves at me, but there will be a bunch around me so it would be easy to find a girl that is single and would be willing to go out with me. I like to have the best chnaces for anything in life, because some things ive never been able to do, so I want the best chances so my bad luck doesn’t continue. In the store or mall or something theres maybe a few girls here and there, but they could have a boyfriend, and theres real limited opportunities, I would highly prefer to not have dating sites as my only options. I would not go to a bar because its just drunken women who only want one night stands, and also I mentioned how I don’t ever want to drink alcohol because of family problems with it. I’d be uncomfortable in a bar, everyones under the influence so their not theirselves, all the girls just want sex and nothing else. Besides that, I can’t make decet money, my dad driopped out and we’ve been on a kind of tight budget for years (still are, not as tight as you probably think, but still kind of tight). He always has money for his beer though.</p>
<p>When I checked out ACC housing because dorm life would likely be useful for Cartman (vs. apartment living), I found this [Housing</a> | Austin Community College District](<a href=“http://www.austincc.edu/handbook/about-the-college/campus-facilities/housing]Housing”>http://www.austincc.edu/handbook/about-the-college/campus-facilities/housing)
Still, Austin is a city that’s very pleasant for students and there are student appartments in various areas of the city.</p>
<p>Cartman, it sounds like the best social experience for you would be a residential college where you’d quickly know many people. However, it may not be possible right away. So, if necessary, you can go to community college for 1-2 years, take the “university transfer” core classes, then transfer to a 4-year residential college.
Before all that, you need to talk to your counselor and see what s/he thinks. Have him/her calculate your GPA. Considering your current situation, does s/he think you can go to college? To a 4-year college? A community college - For the Career degree or for the University Transfer degree? In state, out of state? Residential or commuter? Does s/he think you’d be good at ACC or would UT Tyler/ UT San Antonio be better? etc.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>This is really rather belittling to people who really have OCD. No, liking to line up your paper clips and having things lined up neatly and having your closet color coded and liking things neat and organized is NOT the same thing as OCD. The things that you do to keep your life neat and organized make you more productive and happy. The things that someone with OCD does are based out of real psychological fears that bad things will happen if certain compulsions aren’t repeated numerous times. Please stop conflating the two, and you don’t know this young man’s diagnosis (if he has one).</p>
<p>MYOS - strange, they list room and board on one page and then state they offer no dorms on another. </p>
<p>Pizza - I was not trying to belittle anyone. When I hear OCD that is what I think of obsessive compulsive behaviors, I was not aware that people had a debilitating psychological fear when they have OCD. You are right, neither of us know his diagnosis, I am only going by what I have read on here, and his fear of driving seems like he has anxiety problems not OCD, but I am not an expert, I only am going by what I have heard about OCD</p>
<p>I was actually diagnosed with OCD, i had to go to a treatment center for it. First a hospital for a week cause the treatment center was full, then 9 weeks at the treatment center.</p>
<p>Ok, well obviously I am ignorant in the area of OCD and I apologize if I came off as rude or belittling. I am happy that you got the help you needed. Maybe they can help you work through your fear of driving too?</p>
<p>And i supposedly have Aspergers but VFRY mild. That’s what the special ed team said at school (as in the type of special ed for people with dyslexia and stuff like that, not (I don’t know how to say this nicer and I apologize in advance if I offend anybody, just know I’m not a discriminator) not ■■■■■■■■ people. I am not ■■■■■■■■ at all and people also should not even say someone is as joking). I don’t know if I really have Aspergers because the most recent doctor to diagnose me said I had something else, I’ve had my diagnose changed several times, the most recent (since last year like late 2012) is Aspergers by the school team. My mom even said I might not have it, but if I do it’s extremely mild.</p>
<p>No, I would never go back to that hell hole, if I could get treated to get over my driving fear I would only do outpatient. I will not go through inpatient hell ever again, I was happy when insurance stopped paying for me to stay there, I am like 99% better! The driving fear developed sometime after, whenever I tried driving.</p>
<p>We’re already getting self driving cars to reduce car related deaths, we should also use an alternative fuel source that doesn’t pollute the enviroment. Maybe WATER? Electricity means you have to charge it which would be very inconvient cause wouldn’t that take HOURS, imagine having to go somewhere over an hour away and you have to recharge, maybe those charging stations produce more electricity which would be faster, I don’t know. Sorry this is kind of off subject now.</p>
<p>I actually was thinking you might have Asperger’s while reading through your posts. My nephew has it and there were things that just made me think you may have it too. He is a senior very bright and has a high GPA and is struggling on the best place to go to school next. Socially he does not fit in and like you, has never had a girlfriend. I know that is tough and frustrating, but be patient. God has plans for you. Focus on yourself right now and things will fall into place. </p>
<p>My nephew is in the ROTC at school which has helped him socially, but it has made him believe that the military is the best place for him. He is not ready for that and his mom is not sure he ever will be. But when he gets something in his head it is stuck there. He has a hard time redirecting. Right now they are looking at community colleges with an ROTC program for him. But, he is not ready to really live on his own as he relies on my sister to help him with a lot of his decisions. </p>
<p>I really hope you can figure this out. It is a tough spot to be in I realize, but you seem to be very bright and have a lot of ambition. You need to just slow down and take it one step at a time. Good luck to you.</p>
<p>I think I’ll be happy as long as I have friends, and eventually a gf of course, and then eventually true love and marriage of course. In that order.</p>
<p>Is it a realistic expectation for ME to go to college and make a few good friends, find a girl who’s not a slut and actually wants to date me because she likes me for me, yive been told college is much different than high school, and that most people in general are more mature. I hear you usually make life long best friends and your future wife. And I read college ******* for college statistics like dorm living, expenses, dating scene, if people are generally accepting, some colleges have reviews saying everyone is accepted and theres no cliques and no matter who you are and what you’re like you will make friends and find someone who will want to date you (or just have sex if that’s all you want, I want more than that), even if you’re a super geek (which I’m not, I’m just somewhat nerdy, and mostly on the inside cause I don’t look nerdy)
tlcmommi4, i think its pretty likely that i really do have mild Aspergers, but I know some Aspies who have it more severe and I have a friend Aspergers and I don’t like it when people think of him or any other Aspies as a freak, he doesn’t talk unless you talk first, but he’s really cool. I was furious when my mom said his parents might have him live with them forever. I said that’s not fair to him, he’s a human like everyone else!</p>
<p>I have read somewhere on CC that students have used a gap year to volunteer abroad. I am not personally familiar with such programs, but perhaps some of the regulars here might have info? Seems like such a program might be a temporary solution for Cartman, insofar as “getting away,” experiencing independence and building confidence.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>You seem like a real charmer.</p>
<p>If you’re serious, I don’t think your Asperger’s is as mild as you think it is.</p>