<p>No, I have never been diagnosed with OCD - just been told that I was by just about everyone I have ever known my entire life. You can let this go now. I apologized to the OP if I seemed rude about his condition. Have a good day :)</p>
<p>Sorry everyone, I get really worked up about stuff but just from talking to a friend (not about this), I forgot about it and calmed down, just like I knew would happen. I sometimes wonder if I am bipolar, I was diagnosed with it before but then said I didn’t and she made a misdiagnosis. And to join a group like Alateen (which I’ve never heard of in my life) I don’t think my situation is extreme enough for to need to, my dad can be nice even when he’s drinking, sometimes it makes him nicer than sober.</p>
<p>And yes by doctor I meant psyciatrist.</p>
<p>My counselor said you have to be poor and literally unable to pay the fee to get a waiver. And my family is not poor, it’s not too much too pay anyway though.</p>
<p>I am aware of the large amounts of work in college by the way. You have to make time for work and any other social time.</p>
<p>Just an extra question, if people don’t go to college to find their partner, where/when do they?</p>
<p>I found mine at my internship/work placement. They are PLENTY of places outside of school to find them, even with school it’s not a guarantee. Tea shops, music events, farmers markets, coffee shops, through friends, at the gym, parks, museums…</p>
<p>I’ve been on dates with guys I’ve met at some of the most RANDOM places.</p>
<p>There is no “one size fits all” route for finding a mate.</p>
<p>My brother met his fianc</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Yeah, of course it does: he’s an alcoholic. Which makes you eligible for Alanon/Alateen. You don’t have to get beaten with a lead pipe every night. Do you “need” to go? Of course not. </p>
<p>But you could if you wanted to. And it wouldn’t hurt you. </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Usually they make friends and end up either dating one of their friends or someone who knows one of their friends.</p>
<p>To make new friends, you have to do things outside of your house. Which seems obvious to many people but difficult/scary to others. Like, to be honest, me. </p>
<p>College can “force” you to do things outside of your house, but by itself it won’t conquer those fears for you and might make them worse. And college isn’t the only place you can do things outside your house.</p>
<p>There’s work, gardening clubs, libraries, night classes, political campaigns, support groups, bowling alleys, art galleries, miniatures wargaming tournaments, church, meditation workshops, atheist clubs, math circles, LARP and historical reenactment groups, book clubs, knitting clubs, those Starbuckses where people stay for hours in the middle of the day writing, hardcore punk shows in VFW basements, etc. All kinds of places you can do thngs and make friends and maybe if you have your head together date one or more of those friends.</p>
<p>Try expanding your social circle first.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Excellent answer. And for the OP to do his own research, here is an awesome site:
[For</a> Teens](<a href=“http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/for-alateen]For”>http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/for-alateen)
You will find not only a wealth of information here, but more importantly, you will find you are not alone.</p>
<p>Friendship before a relationship? Haha good one. Start out in a relationship and a friendship also comes with it. Become friends get stuck as friends. None of my female friends have ever been interested in me. You guys are funny!</p>
<p>If friends really become more than friends like that I’d be a little less worried because its a little easier to make just friends. Another thing can be I myself might get too comfortable as friends and not want to be more? Is that normal? Or does it just mean we aren’t relationship compatible? Now when a girls true colors turn out to be rude and sour I’m out! Often people in general seem to turn out different than their first impression. So I don’t know why people say first impressions show how a person is, cause that is never true (at least it hasn’t been for me)</p>
<p>No, that’s true. It happens. Especially in college. Often you become friends with a girl, you two have breakfast or study group together often, you take her out to have ice cream, she tells you about a film on campus and you both go, and pretty soon you’re dating. The maturity level isn’t the same in college, and it happens that you start with a group of different friends, then find best friends, then become best friends with a girl, then fall in love with each other. That’s how it happened for most people I know at least.</p>
<p>cartman is so lucky to know all the answers(post 91), while just a high school student that has never had a real girlfriend.
I’m surprised he comes here to seek advice since he seems to know it all.</p>
<p>Cartman is right, though, that first impressions can change. See post 75 as evidence.</p>
<p>Cartman- you do understand that more people found a partner out of college than those that found one in college, right? Stop worrying about finding the perfect wife. You haven’t even had a girlfriend yet. Enjoy dating- merely the experience of sharing time with a pleasant companion. Then, as you mature and learn more about yourself, you’ll be more appealing to a potential long-term partner and will be better able to understand what you seek for a long time partner.
Just as your interests changed from 5 to 10 and again from age 10 to age 18, your interests will change more as you mature and see the world from a different perspective than you do now.</p>
<p>So friends falling in live is common in the world after high school?</p>
<p>You asked where you can meet people to date, not how to get a date once you’ve met people.</p>
<p>College girls are not a different species than the girls in your town. If the girls who know you won’t date you, why would total strangers?</p>
<p>Generally if you don’t like yourself and your life is chaotic, people will respect that you need some space and not try to date you.</p>
<p>Having a base-level handle on your **** is pretty indispensible to getting a girlfriend in any social milieu.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Just reiterating…</p>
<p>Well I say I don’t see how friends can become more because none of the female friends I’ve had we’re interested in being more than friends. I also do t have real works experience. That’s why I’m asking here, alot of y’all probably have real world experience. And I have this thought that for casual dating girls mostly like “sexy” guys who are jerks, but girls who want to be serious do like average looking nice guys. I’m confused >_<</p>
<p>Well people that don’t know me can’t judge me. In my town alot of people don’t like you if you are different. Some apologize and become friends later. But alot of people here are stuck up and fake.</p>
<p>I’m known as a loser for not being popular, poor quality people think like that. There have been a couple of people who changed and even apologized to me though. I gained two friends. One of them was bullied and felt the pain they caused me. I forgave both of them, and we’re friends now. Yes I said that twice.</p>