Parents of the HS Class of 2026 (Part 2)

Husband met this afternoon w/the college president and the dean of student life. Dean of student life said he went back and checked his emails and D24 never reached out to ask for help. Also said that the college specifically has a car they use to drive students to the pharmacy, grocery store, etc. And that all you have to do is ask. She never asked.

Husband said college president was very kind, amazing guy, very helpful. A communication will go out to students, faculty and staff but my husband will approve it first. At husband’s request, college president is going to notify D24’s choir best friend and D24’s former roommate. Husband asked for our phone numbers to be given to former roommate and the roommate’s parents in case they’d like to connect with us. President is also going to personally notify D24’s professors. We don’t know yet what her grades were so far this semester…have to wait until tomorrow when professors are notified. They’re also going to personally inform her faculty advisor and the choir professor, who gave her such high praise for having a huge octave vocal range and perfect pitch.

Husband also told president that he’s ok with our daughter’s situation & circumstances being used to teach other students about how to handle such situations if you feel like she likely did.

Counseling center said D24 never reached out to them either. Her college is such an awesome place. All of the safety net resources were right there at her finger tips. We all told her about them. She never asked for help.

29 Likes

Oh my god. I am just so sorry. I have no words but will be praying for you.

1 Like

I always enjoy reading your posts, your metaphor of a flavor of ice cream for every kid is one I have used in real life. I can’t imagine the pain and horror of hearing this news specially at this time of the year when everyone has started to celebrate.

The words of a random stranger on the internet won’t mean much but please know you have been a very important part of this little online community. Your empathy/caring and advice has helped me and many others when we dealt with this stupid college admission process. You have been such a caring individual I hope in this time of crisis there are people to help around you.

16 Likes

How unimaginable, I’m truly sorry for you and your whole family. Sending you all strength and light during this time.

1 Like

I am so very sorry for your devastating loss. I wish you strength and support as you go through the days ahead.

1 Like

My heart is breaking for you and your family. We’ve been on these boards together for two rounds now, 24 and 26, and your love for your daughters and care for community in real life and here online has always shone brightly. You’ve helped so many parents and kids in this CC community with big and little things. May that care and love be reflected back to you now.

5 Likes

An unfathomable loss. Sending deepest sympathy to you and your family.

1 Like

I am so sorry, truly devastating and heartbreaking. Sending you peace and strength.

1 Like

I am so so sorry. I hope you have much support and love surrounding you now and always. You really have been a light on this board. I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Oh, I am so very sorry for your unimaginable loss. Heartbreaking can’t even begin to describe the pain you must be feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

1 Like

@sbinaz - I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I love your voice and it is always clear through your posts how much your children mean to you and what an incredibly impactful and thoughtful parent you are. Sending love.

1 Like

I just sent you a PM. Know that I am and will continue to pray for your family in this dark time. I am so sorry for your loss (which is such a trivial way to say it, but I cannot figure out better words).

1 Like

I am so very sorry to hear about this heartbreaking news. Praying for you and your family.

I’m so sorry to read of this devastating loss. Your family will be in my thoughts as you navigate the difficult days ahead. Please know I am sending you sincere wishes for healing and strength. I am sending you a PM.

1 Like

@sbinaz , my thoughts are with you and your family.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this news, @sbinaz. My thoughts are with you and your family.

1 Like

@sbinaz I am so very sorry for this very sad loss. :cry:

1 Like

I am so heartbroken for you and your family. :sob: Prayers, peace, comfort, and love for you and your family. Please feel free to PM me if you need a virtual ear as you process everything. I cannot imagine, and my momma heart is hurting for you all.

1 Like

Devastated to hear this. Praying for you and your family.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, @sbinaz. I will definitely be praying for your family.

1 Like