for OOS, there will likely be very few RD offers (maybe 1 - 2%), as the EA yield has to be 21% or below this year to keep OOS at no greater than 33% of enrolled. they need the lowest yield ever to get there. for IS, it’s a different story, likely accepting between 7-9% in RD. Expect a large WL, (class of 2029 - 242 WL offers to find only 10 to enroll). ED defers have mostly moved on to comps in ED2, so UVA realized they created noise without improving enrollment outcomes. EA defers are considered in RD as in fresh competition, no favoritism.
agree. I am also learning that there were many ea/ed applicants from IS incomparision with previous years. Mostly due to no supplementals this time around. So, their qouta may have filled to a large extent meeting State mandate. About 4% may be OOS chance (still very less)
Really amazing how many strong applicants get deferred or even rejected from these highly competitive schools. To help others son 4.21 unweighted, test optional. Excellent letters and extracurriculars (including international sport) admitted with intended major in business (if he gets into Mcintire as a frosh).
May I know your stats! My child has also applied for georgia tech maths and computing. But deferedfor now.
Our son got into GA Tech in state and UVA OOS. His stats are 1560 SAT, 4.65 W gpa, 4.0 UW gpa, 15 APs (5s on the 10 tests he has taken so far). Club founder and president for a club relevant to his major. He applied for Neuroscience at Tech. Their major can really impact the decision there. Engineering and business are the hardest majors at Tech I’ve heard.
Does he already decide on school. With those stats I assume he may get into IVYs /private onces as well.
My DD was accepted OOS-we are from NJ that sticker price is pretty heavy
He hasn’t decided yet. He’s waiting on a couple of RD applications to private/Ivy schools.
Any one got into Computer Science in UVA?
3.99 gpa 1560 SAT 12 aps 2 de 2 honors. 2 publications in accredited journal in sports analytics, 2nd place data science sports analytics competition, 4 years marching, 4 years concert band, varsity athletics, 4 years library volunteering as tutor, content writer, founder of a green/plant club, president of NCHS, etc.
I think my supp essay was pretty good and the reason i got in
I got into CAS, which has CS but I applied for DS
Are you tracking that if you want to major in DS, you take a couple of pre-reqs in your 1st year and apply to School of DS in the Spring of your first year? DS went through the process last year and is in his second semester of DS this year…
UVA is not my top offer, so I haven’t really looked into it. I am assuming though I will have to take some stats + cs pre-reqs first year
DD notified of acceptance through portal, but has not yet received the acceptance packet in the mail from the EA round. Shoud we contact the school?
Though not admitted to UVA, I have yet to receive any physical acceptance packet from the other 8 colleges that admitted me EA, many of which release way earlier than UVA.![]()
It takes time to assemble and mail over 7,000 packages. We can’t predict when the postal service will get them to you, but they are coming.
My son just got a big envelope from UVA today! He’s not home yet so I don’t know the contents. We’re in state and my son got accepted EA.
Thanks. Just received today. I’m old school - it isn’t real until the thick packet arrives.
I know what you mean! That’s how it was back in the day! My mom saved my UVA application from 1991
back when the only option was ED or RD and when we had to use a typewriter to fill out the application! ![]()
My son loved it! He is so excited. Wahoowa!