Wanted: Desperate Housewives Fans To Ride The Series Out!

<p>You are correct - its Porter.</p>

<p>The twins were maybe 6 or 7 in the first season. Wow! I just looked it up; that was in 2004! I can’t believe it was that long ago!</p>

<p>I’ve watched from the beginning and still watch - I record them and watch when I workout.</p>

<p>Nothing really to add except Sunday night’s episode was written by an old HS classmate of mine which was really cool to see on screen (she had posted on FB so I knew to be on the lookout).</p>

<p>I thought Alice Huber sent Mary Alice the note? Sad, that I recall that! Now I am very curious about the connections with season 1. </p>

<p>I missed the beginning of the episode where pregnant Julie came back. Why did she do that? It had to occur to her that Porter seeing her might derail her adoption plans. </p>

<p>I think the show is well written, despite being unrealistic in its escapism!</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Yes, re the note. The Julie story has some holes. First off, she’s been away at school all this time but suddenly Porter came over to her place (nearby) and they had a one-night stand. So how come Susan was so excited preparing for her arrival from out-of-town? They should have met when he was in her town or something. A young woman with Julie’s practical nature would be on the pill I would think. It’s really hard to imagine the two of them together for even a night and hard to imagine Porter suddenly wanting the responsibilities of fatherhood. Susan is being highly annoying in her efforts to keep the baby.</p>

<p>I always like Lynette but this season she just finally became too shrewish. She was always on the line but somehow they would manage to redeem her. But I’ve found her to be increasingly unpleasant. </p>

<p>There was another hit-and-run that involved Orson – I think it was Mike that hit him. But Orson went to jail for something. What was it? I thought it was also something with a car. Then, of course, there is Bree’s son hitting Carlos’ mom with his car. It’s not a good town in which to be a pedestrian.</p>

<p>This is the last season?!?!?! I haven’t watched in years, but I’ll catch up and join you in the discussion!</p>

<p>Remember there was something with Orson and his mother…she was creepy too!!!</p>

<p>Count me in!</p>

<p>I think Orson ran over Mike-- wasn’t there some misunderstanding when Mike came to fix somebody’s sink and some woman died? Then something happened and Mike got revenge… I thought Mike ran Orson over, too, but wasn’t there something that happened on a roof? I think Mike either pushed him off a roof or threatened to, I forget. I watched the first several seasons all within a few days of each other during a school break…</p>

<p>Yeah, something happened on a roof or parking garage type roof???</p>

<p>(so much has happened - that’s why I’m starting from the beginning and rewatching!)</p>

<p>What do you guys think of last night’s episode? Despite my willingness to accept the non-realistic storylines in the interest of entertainment and fun, I did not enjoy the episode. I just don’t like many of the characters. I am curious to see how it all gets wrapped up, though, so I will ride out the last 6 episodes.</p>

<p>The parent cafe has so much more entertaining threads… :slight_smile: about 6 months ago I started watching DH episodes online and was hooked pretty fast. Now I’ve seen most episodes twice. :D</p>

<p>I’m sad that DH is soon to be over, but the series does seem to be stagnating a bit. What’s disappointed me is how frequently a subplot is dropped and the minor characters with it - with no real explanation. What happened to the art teacher? Why is MJ almost never seen? What happened to Andrew? Did he and his partner break up? What about Zack? Most of these probably won’t ever be returned to.</p>

<p>That said, it’s still so addictive. Last night’s episode was good but seemed to be trying to squeeze a lot of plot into a single episode. Apparently, Brenda Strong said in an interview that more secrets of the Young family are going to come out. So maybe they rushed this Orson subplot to give ample time to work out the Young subplot - before the series finale. IMO it doesn’t seem like this Orson subplot is very likely; it just doesn’t feel natural.</p>

<p>Open question: who’s your favorite housewife? Favorite character overall? Mine’s probably Lynette - because her character is basically me. :slight_smile: And Felicity Huffman is an amazing actress. Bree is a close second (I can’t wait to see Marcia Cross in other TV/film).</p>

<p>I missed it last night (was paying a condolence call). Can someone recap?</p>

<p>By the way if anyone can’t remember all the details from earlier seasons (which may be relevant soon), check out the individual season pages, which give decent summaries:</p>

<p>[List</a> of Desperate Housewives episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia](<a href=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Desperate_Housewives_episodes]List”>List of Desperate Housewives episodes - Wikipedia)</p>

<p>(Orson ran over Mike - because Mike was the only witness who saw Orson at Monique’s house when she was murdered.)</p>

<p>My husband is waiting for them to tie Orsen into Mary Alice Young. He was a dentist in town. Why else would the letters be so similar?</p>

<p>How did Orson end up in a wheelchair? Did he fall off a building in a confrontation with Mike or was he run down?</p>

<p>The baby storyline is awful. What is Susan thinking? Mike is right, how would Julie visit home? I think Susan is behaving out of character.</p>

<p>I read that a major character will be killed off before the season ends which is looking like next week. I’m guessing (don’t know and don’t want to be told) that it’s Carlos based on the conversation he and Gabby had.</p>

<p>Favorite housewife – for pure entertainment value, Gabby, because she’s such a hoot. I used to like Lynette but she became too shrewish for me.</p>

<p>Orsen was in some temporary house built for a party with Susan’s first husband (Karl) that got hit by an airplane. Karl was killed & Orsen ended up in a wheelchair. I don’t think the person flying the plane had any other tie to the series.</p>

<p>My favorite is Susan. I’ve watched this show off and on since the beginning. Love the housewives!</p>

<p>That airplane crashing scene was one of the most memorable and tense things of the entire series! </p>

<p>OMG, just finished watching last night’s episode! I’m SO worried about SO many people! I NEED most of them!!! I feel like so many people could die - Mike is ALWAYS in the wrong place (I really need to keep Mike!), the Carlos/Gabby situation makes you think, Karen is an obvious one, Renee and the thug, Julie could die in childbirth - it could be anyone! </p>

<p>So Orson mailed info vindicating Bree (and others). Will he do anything to himself? I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him. OR maybe he mailed info confessing himself?! Yikes!</p>

<p>Remember how Zach showed up very briefly last season - but I don’t think anyone really saw him? I think yes, more about the Young’s will be revealed. I sure hope Andrew appears again - for some reason I’ve always been very attached to his character.</p>

<p>My favorite wife? I really can’t choose - I like them all for different reasons. I’m probably least attached to Susan (I’m more attached to Mike!)</p>

<p>I assumed that Orson was sending in evidence to incriminate the others, but now that you mention it, that’s exactly what the writers would want us to think. They love to do those cliffhangers where it seems hopeless (like the tornado episode - where everyone would “lose a friend,” making us think it was a major character when it was just Ida Greenberg) and then everything turns out fine. Maybe he is implicating himself. They intentionally didn’t show us what he was putting in the envelope.</p>

<p>I didn’t think it was possible that Orson could be linked to the Youngs, because we know Martha Hubert sent the original letter that caused Mary Alice to kill herself… but come to think of it, how in the world did he know that the stationary was on blank blue notepad paper, folded in half, with all capital letters centered on the page? (I could imagine Bree telling him the wording of the letter while married - but not all the details of the stationary.) Remember the housewives gave the letter to Zack’s father, who gave it to the PI/hitman hired to find who the blackmailer was. So the letter wasn’t around Bree’s house when Orson and she were married - he must have some connection to the Mary Alice letter somehow.</p>

<p>Ahh so many mysteries. So tempted to look up spoilers online but last time I did that it ruined the last Harry Potter book for me. :)</p>