<p>I’m hoping that we will not see Karen die, but just know that Roy is with her till the end. <<heart>>>,</heart></p>
<p>Does anyone remember - I’m pretty sure it was last season - that we briefly saw Zach sneaking around the neighborhood - but no one else saw him??? He looked older and kind of creepy. What was the point of that and will he somehow come back yet this year?</p>
<p>Andrew did break up with his guy. I don’t really remember that he “left” anywhere…I hope he still shows up (and not at Bree’s funeral!!!)</p>
<p>Can’t wait to see who dies! I hope it’s a real character, not someone you never saw or knew. Since it is the series finale they will probably be doing some major things.</p>
<p>I don’t like the storyline with Susan and the baby. How can she not get that if Julie wanted to give the baby up for adoption she wouldn’t want her mother keeping the baby at the house? She used to be my favorite, now she’s my least favorite character.</p>
<p>I think I like Gabby and Lynette the most. At least their own their selfishness.</p>
<p>I’m not sure I really have a favorite DH character. They all have these fatal flaws that make them people I would never be friends with. I like Mike alot though! Gabby - too into herself and not a good Mom. Bree - too anal and judgemental, Susan - stupid, Lynette - too shrewish and too sterotypical housewife unless she’s scheming.</p>
<p>IIRC the last time we saw Zach was right after he shot Paul - when Mike and Paul confronted him at his hotel room and discovered he’s broke and addicted to drugs.</p>
<p>I couldn’t remember if Andrew and his partner actually broke up or his partner was just threatening it. And I watched these episodes only a few months ago, so kudos to those who have been watching for years and still remember anything from earlier seasons. :p</p>
<p>I think I know who dies in the next episode, based on the trailer we saw at the end of the last episode. It’s just a theory, but in case anyone doesn’t want to hear it, I put it in white text, so highlight it to see it.</p>
<p>======== spoiler alert =========
Go on youtube and search “desperate housewives you take for granted” - you’ll get trailers for the next episode. Pause it at the precise moment where the shooter shoots (on TV, this is only a split second, so they don’t expect people to see this). You can clearly see the person’s sleeve - a burgundy leather jacket (at least I think it’s burgundy - I’m red/green colorblind). Now search “desperate housewives she needs me” (the most recent episode) and look at the promo for it, to refresh your memory of what the loan shark was wearing. Jacket look familiar? I’m pretty sure that Mike is going to be the one to die. The loan shark pretty much told him he was going to kill him. Considering that the promo says it’s the “most desperate” yet, I don’t think a minor character like Ben is going to be the one to bite the bullet. Literally.
======= end spoilers ========</p>
<p>I think Gabby has come a long way in terms of her “people” skills. Since we are concurrently watching the 1st season along with this last season I see how completely selfish and self-absorbed she was early on - while she may not be the Mom of the year, she has come a long way with her children and her marriage. Not perfect by any means, but she is much more compassionate.</p>
<p>I do find that I love Lynette’s down-to-earthness. Will Tom and her get back together before the end??? </p>
<p>Mike has such a sordid past, but at at the same time, he is dearly loved and crushed on. :)</p>
<p>I really DON’T want to find out any spoilers on what’s to happen yet! Please be careful in your posts if you have read anything about possible spoilers!</p>
<p>A little off topic, but did anyone watch GCB (Good Christian B****ches)? H and I both thought it was hilarious, but we felt if you weren’t familiar with life in Dallas it would not be quite as funny. We, literally, recognized one of the homes shown in the TV show! There were a lot of Dallas inside jokes, in our opinion.</p>
<p>I don’t want any spoilers either - I’m determined not to have a Harry Potter repeat. That’s why I was surprised the promo for the next episode gave such a huge clue, or maybe that’s just a red herring for neurotic people like me. And even if Marc Cherry said he would never kill off Karen, I still think it’s very possible the writers could override that, so that’s still suspenseful. I’ve always loved Karen, from the episode where she ran over one of the kids’ bikes after they refused to remove it from the street.</p>
<p>I actually really dislike the guy who plays Mike - the character is great, but something about the way the actor talks annoys me.</p>
<p>I’m also holding out hope that Lynette and Tom will get back together - their little flirt in the last episode was awesome. Also whatever happened to Lynette’s boyfriend?</p>
<p>I also want Lynette and Tom back together. What did happen to Lynette’s guy? </p>
<p>I thought the Roy stuff was sweet. Not digging the baby storyline; it came about so suddenly, though, I wonder if it will tie in somehow with a “perfect series ending.”</p>
<p>Regarding Harry Potter, I was so worried about the last book and how it might affect my D that I picked it up at midnight, read it all night, and presented her with it when she woke. The little stinker went right to the last page to see if she could handle reading it. That is all I will say on the matter, just in case…</p>
<p>My husband and I watched GCB and enjoyed it for the humor. My husband said it won’t last 4 episodes, but he will still watch the show! I have always liked Annie Potts, so it was fun watching her as the mom.</p>
<p>momof2kids, why were you worried about how it would affect your daughter? Is she a big fan who has trouble dealing with the losses and such in the books? I know after reading the spoilers for it, I thought they were all BS, then swore loudly when they started coming true (and so I knew the rest of the book). Ah well, still an awesome (if turbulent) read. :)</p>
<p>I have to say that I really expected a more suspenseful twist to this killing! Heck, by the time there is only 2 mins left in the show and Mike and Susan are the only ones outside, it was obvious what was going to happen! For a second, I thought that maybe the bullet had reached Susan. </p>
<p>I thought for sure that something was going to happen at Penny’s party - that everyone on the lane would be out and about and THEN the shooter would come by and it would be more suspenseful as to who would actually be shot.</p>
<p>So, so sorry to see Mike go, but really disappointed in the way it was done. :(</p>
<p>So, now Susan is without husband. Probably Lynette. Bree has no one. Will Carlos leave Gabriella - making all 4 women “Desperate” housewives at the end???</p>
<p>Phantasmogoric - D grew up with Harry and his pals. She was sad to have the books end because they gave her pleasure (I am always disappointed to come to the end of a really good read too) and - without giving away anything - if there was a tragedy it would have made her sad. Of course, the books are fiction, but I wanted to be prepared to discuss/celebrate/console whatever the outcome. Also, I enjoyed the books, so I knew that if I wanted to get my hands on the book, it would have to be BEFORE she did.</p>
<p>All this is new to me - Wow. I don’t understand the point of your comment. The discussion was about spoilers. My tone was clearly self deprecating. Your comment adds nothing to the thread other than negativity. What is the point? </p>
<p>Regarding Desparate - I was touched with the montage too. Sorry to see Mike go, but curious to see how this all winds up.</p>