<p>Phantasmagoric–regarding Harry Potter. I, too, was worried how my daughter would feel about the last few books (although she is 26 now). We’d read the first ones together, as they came out, and I remember the two of us reading book 5 (yes, I bought two copies, gave one to the library as soon as I was done) and knowing that I would have to not react to Sirius’s death (I read faster than she does)–half an hour later, she started sobbing. I felt badly that we wouldn’t be reading the last two books together.</p>
<p>Does anyone remember what “wives” meet Susan at the doorway next week? Was Bree one of them? It was weird that she was at the hospital with the pie overdose - technically, something COULD have happened to her as well??? I’m going to have to replay those last few minutes and previews from next week to see who they show.</p>
<p>^^</p>
<p>I don’t think Mike and Susan sitting outside was necessarily right after Bree drove to the ER. It could have been later in the day. That was my impression. Yes, Bree was in the group in the preview.</p>
<p>Bree went to the ER, then they had the scene with Carlos and Gabby and the kids going to bed so it was night, THEN the scene with Susan and Mike which I assumed was the next day (morning?)</p>
<p>This episode was intense, but the last few minutes were like a “death row” scene: I had a feeling who was going to bite the bullet, and by the end of the episode it was clear who it was. To be honest, I’m rather glad he’s gone. Sure he’s attractive, but the way he talks just annoys me - for the same reason, I find Sean Connery to be annoying (that whole infusion of the “r” sound in every word they speak). I’ve been wanting him to go away since season 2, so this was unfortunately late in the series for my tastes. :p</p>
<p>In other news, anyone have an opinion about the lawsuit against Marc Cherry brought by Nicollette Sheridan (the one who played Edie)? At first I was pretty skeptical about her claims, but upon further inspection it doesn’t seem unlikely at all. For each character death, we had plenty of warning about it - either through commercials or through the plot, which set up the likelihood of death (case in point, Mike). Supposedly the death of Edie was planned weeks before - but there really was no plot to indicate such; she died by a random freak accident with a power line. That makes me think she’s probably right when she says they didn’t plan her character’s death until she started to “stir up controversy” with her complaints and subsequent lawsuit. But who knows?</p>
<p>momof2kids, regarding Harry Potter, I was referring to an earlier post of mine where I said that the ending of HP was destroyed when I looked up spoilers online. Like your D, I found the last HP books to be intense/emotional, so that’s why I asked what you meant.</p>
<p>dmd77, that’s awesome that you were able to read the books with your D. Were you able to bond over the last two, even if you didn’t read them together? / Did you and your D have an equally strong response to the last books despite not reading them together? I know so many who grew up with HP but grew away from the series, to the point that they didn’t care much about the last few books. Seriously it’s great that you were able to read them together
I had the same with my mom until part 4, after which she hated the series for the character deaths. Ah well not everyone can take the intensity of Harry Potter :p</p>
<p>phant, I agree that there is probably merit to Nicollette Sheridan’s case against Marc Cherry. She’s having trouble getting work, which smacks of blackballing IMO. I’ve heard that Cherry has been accused of influencing witnesses accounts, which would fit with Nicollette’s accusations and her version of events. I hope she wins.</p>
<p>I really, really liked tonight’s episode and felt like it took the show back to its roots. It was a nice nod to the show’s history to bring back some early-season characters. I thought the scene with Bree’s mother really explained a lot about her. I thought Teri Hatcher gave a strong performance and I’ll admit I was teary at a few points. Well done.</p>
<p>^ agreed. I really liked seeing Gabby in this episode. It seems that she doesn’t really change gradually - she does it in jumps, proving that she isn’t superficial and static.</p>
<p>It was also strange to see Bree as she was in the first season - she’s changed so much, by far more than any other character. And thank goodness.</p>
<p>Didn’t watch last nights episode but knowing that it sounds like kind of a “tribute” to Mike and his relationships with the main characters I thought it would be “safe” to peek in on this thread!</p>
<p>As I mentioned earlier in the thread, as I watch this last season I am also watching the first season (introducing the show to my 14 year old - what a great mom I am introducing this not-like-real-life show!!! Haha) It is SO interesting how many things first season are coming back around this last season. And yes, to see the characters and how they have changed or not changed. Bree in that first season was so…BREE! Gabby was SOOOO self centered - I feel that has slowly changed over the years. Lynette is much the same but I would say is a better mom these days - it was ROUGH when her kids were little! And Susan was…Susan. :)</p>
<p>Watched last night’s episode tonight. I WEPT at the cemetery scene - terribly! So sad!</p>
<p>Nicely done show.</p>
<p>So how is going to end up? Will Bree or others be in jail - desperate???</p>
<p>My new theory (I have a new one each week
) is that all the women will end up leaving Wisteria Lane. Renee will leave with Aussie. Gabby and Carlos will sell their house to save $$ since they won’t be able to afford it on his “counselor” salary. Susan will move out for a new beginning. Bree will be in a cell. Lynette - hmm…haven’t figured that one out yet. s </p>
<p>Again, no rumors/spoilers beyond your own conjured up scenarios…</p>
<p>^ that makes a lot of sense, actually. Just how they ended Friends and countless other shows - send the characters in all directions.</p>
<p>At the end of the episode, I was beginning to think that Lynette would eventually succeed in getting Tom back, but honestly that would be too much of a fairytale ending. So I think she’ll probably fail, and ultimately decide, maybe, to start up her career again and move elsewhere (once she knows that it’s over - maybe upon discovering that Tom’s girlfriend is pregnant or something. We all know what a good “aim” Tom is…)</p>
<p>I think Bree and Carlos both will be behind bars. Carlos is too good a man (as we saw in this last episode, yet again) to let Bree go down for his crime. Bree would be in for covering it up… the question then is, would the other housewives let her take the rap for something they all were involved in? Better yet, would Bree *let *them attempt to take part of the blame?</p>
<p>Update on the Nicollette Sheridan case:</p>
<p>[LA</a> judge declares mistrial in ‘Desperate Housewives’ firing case after jury deadlocks - The Washington Post](<a href=“http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/la-judge-declares-mistrial-in-desperate-housewives-firing-case-after-jury-deadlocks/2012/03/19/gIQAETMbNS_story.html]LA”>http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/la-judge-declares-mistrial-in-desperate-housewives-firing-case-after-jury-deadlocks/2012/03/19/gIQAETMbNS_story.html)</p>
<p>Exactly. I think Bree would take the rap. </p>
<p>And one of my fav characters is coming back! Andrew! With a girl!!! I have always loved his character - even when he was a brat. :)</p>
<p>“You’re here, you’re queer, I’m used to it” - hahaha, one of the best quotes from Bree.</p>
<p>Random fact I found out recently: in the early 1990s, Teri Hatcher (Susan) dated Michael Bolton. After they had broken up (not sure when), Nicollette Sheridan (Edie) began dating him, though it didn’t work out. This is hilarious when you consider that at one point in the show, when Susan discovers that Edie’s dating her ex husband, she screams at her that all she does is pick at other women’s “leftovers.” A little too close to reality on that one. :p</p>
<p>Almost done!!! :(</p>
<p>I’m thinking that one of my thoughts about the ending could come true - can’t remember if I posted this here on this thread - either that all the women end up “desperate” - without a man in their life or that all of them leave the “Lane”. </p>
<p>I just want to SLAP Gabby and Carlos for not stepping up for Bree! Bree is SUCH an interesting and complex character when you think about it and look at her over the years - at times, self absorbed and a b_tch, but also willing to do ANYTHING for her family and friends. Interesting that we did not see Carlos in this last episode - I was waiting for him to break into the courtroom and admit to the killing.</p>
<p>Any thoughts, guesses, comments???</p>
<p>I am very eager to see how the show ends. I enjoyed Sunday’s episode even though some of the characters’ decisions really annoy me (Gabby and Lynette this week). I like how that Susan story line is apparently going to wrap up. </p>
<p>The show is an entertaining “escape” for me and I will miss it.</p>
<p>I think it’s as good a guess as any that all the women will end up leaving Wisteria Lane for one reason or another. </p>
<p>A more far fetched prediction (this plot line been done way too many times to be original) - Mary Alice’s narration of the series was her own fantasy about all the bad things that might have happened to her family and friends if she had committed suicide that day. She never did follow through and the last seven and a half years never happened. As you say, Marc Cherry has known the ending from the beginning, so who knows!</p>
<p>As long as everybody doesn’t end up in a church with Wisteria Lane having been purgatory.</p>
<p>I laughed out loud when Gabby said she mixes up her Mexicans… I loved this episode! Her behavior lately has been appalling but she is still the most entertaining to me. So over the top!</p>
<p>Marilyn-- SERIOUSLY!!! I was thinking something along those lines yesterday. I really hope the ending is satisfying.</p>
<p>Well, I thought it was done pretty well. LOVED that Mrs. McCluskey got on the stand, took one for her friends and with gusto said, “I killed the son of a _____!”. LOVED the scene where they played her 45 record and showed the houswives as she peacefully passed away. LOVED the final drive that Susan took through the neighborhood with the departed watching her off (wow, all those murders/deaths!!!). And a heart warming LOVE when Mike, not yet in white heavenly clothes, watched over her too. Sigh! And Bree becoming an elected official (congresswomen?) - in Louisville! </p>
<p>Weird to me: Tom and Lynette get a penthouse in NYC? Are the kids there too??! Kathryn comes back - she didn’t really add to the episode IMO except that she offered Lynette the job. </p>
<p>Still wished that there was some final parting scenes from some of the other characters - Paul Young and Zach, Orson (we never really know what happened to him), and for whatever reason one of my FAVORITE characters, Andrew - I just have always adored him! Nice touch with the new person moving into Susan’s house - and another “secret” - the mystery on the Lane continues!</p>
<p>I will rewatch this final episode again to absorb more of the flavor. And then, go back to my DVD’s - we are on Season Two right now! Never, truly, a farewell to Wisteria Lane. :)</p>