Wanted: Desperate Housewives Fans To Ride The Series Out!

<p>I thought it was well done, also. I’ll miss it!</p>

<p>I loved the drive through the lane at the end but felt they should have ended it with Mary Alice. I didn’t care for the new mystery with a new character ending. I loved that Mrs. McCluskey was such a key figure in the show. I’m not sure I can picture Bree going to Kentucky or Lynette in a penthouse but I thought it was nice that we got to see into their futures.</p>

<p>OK, I admit that I haven’t watched much in the past couple of years, between Celebrity Apprentice and Sunday Night Football, but I did peek in several times last night (mainly because of Schiller and the Carleton connection!). Why are Tom and Lynette in a penthouse?</p>

<p>abasket, I also always liked Andrew!</p>

<p>I have always disliked Tom. I was hoping Lynette would dump him and go off to conquer NewYork without him or her whiny kids.</p>

<p>I liked the ending though. LOVED Mrs M!</p>

<p>

Katherine Mayfair returns in this last episode having started a frozen food business in Paris. It’s very successful and she wants to bring it to the states. She offers Lynette the job of CEO heading up the company in New York.</p>

<p>Wasn’t Mary Alice at the end? Or was it actually Mike that was the last one. I thought that it was poignant that Mike wasn’t in “white” like the others because he is a more recent death (???) </p>

<p>Bree and Andrew’s relationship was at times hateful but also so full of love. They knew each other inside and out.</p>

<p>Thanks, blue! The last time I flipped over Tom and Lynette had reconciled and then were fighting again at the wedding. I feared they’d break up again. I always liked them as a couple.</p>

<p>loved Karen taking the stand, she was one of my favorites and yes I cried when she died.
The ghost thing was creepy, I liked that Mike and Mary Alice were there watching over Susan and family, but not all those minor, forgettable characters.</p>

<p>The one notable missing ‘ghost’ was Edie, which, given her litigation, was not surprising, however I loved Edie.</p>

<p>my random thoughts on the ending:

  • agree that Lynette should have dumped Tom. He was generally a spine-less character - remember the restaurant and Chinese lesson debacles.<br>
  • loved Karen M. would have like to have heard that’s what Julie’s daughter was named.
  • didn’t like having Kathryn waltz in. fairly disjointed
  • didn’t like MJ in front seat of the car. He’s too young!
  • too many dropped plot lines: Lee & Tom’s daughter; Andrew; Bree’s daughter; Zach Young</p>

<p>Will need to watch the ending again to figure out who all the random characters were. Has anyone found a website that identifies them? (a few faces stood out, including Bree’s pharmacist/stalker)</p>

<p>Mary Alice was the last of the ghosts, but then they had the scene with the new woman putting a box in a cabinet. It should have stopped with AM. Also, how come Mrs. McCluskey was in white but not Mike? She passed more recently. And who was the child she was standing next to? I need to rewatch the last few minutes.</p>

<p>There was an episode about Karen’s son at some point… I think she had a little boy that died. I seem to remember her telling the Scavo twins about it when they were younger, after one of their many face offs.</p>

<p>Okay, so I watched the last few minutes again. Everyone is dressed in white, Mike looks tan, but Karen also looks normal.</p>

<p>Yes, that’s correct about Karen’smson - I only,know because we have started watching the first season and that storyline was in it! </p>

<p>I read something today about Marc Cherry and a new series and it made a reference to someone who was in this finale (the female gardener?) being part of that new series. Itmsortmof sounded like this new series would kind of/sort of be up the DH alley and suggested that we might see some of the minor characters again. I think it was either on CNN or one of the entertainment pages…</p>

<p>^That would make me happy. Almost all my shows got canceled this year. So sad about Awake. :(</p>

<p>Apparently Marc Cherry’s new series did NOT get picked up by ABC. Was suppose to possibly star Susan Lucci and Eva Longoria.</p>

<p>The Wiki description:</p>

<p>Devious Maids is an American drama television pilot created and produced by Marc Cherry. It is in development at ABC.</p>

<p>The series is based on the Mexican TV series Ellas son la Alegr</p>

<p>Oh, I forgot Karen had a son. That was a nice touch to show him.</p>

<p>What about Karen’s husband that she had stored in a basement freezer?</p>

<p>[Kathryn</a> Joosten of ‘Desperate Housewives’ dies at 72 - latimes.com](<a href=“Archive blogs”>Kathryn Joosten of 'Desperate Housewives' dies at 72)</p>

<p>Karen McClusky dies! I had no idea…</p>

<p>May she rest in peace. Mrs. Landingham and Karen McCluskey were two great characters on two of my favorite series.</p>

<p>There was a PSA she did at the end of the last episode for Lung Cancer. I didn’t realize it was so personal.</p>