University of South Carolina Early Action Class of 2030 Official Thread

Pitt is exceptional in humanities. It’s strong in Classics and Philosphy, as examples. It’s really a school with strength in humanities, social science and STEM. It’s pretty incredible that way.

Are we expecting more people to get in RD? From what I’ve seen/heard, EA was mostly about GPA and rigor and may not have even take EC’s, essay, etc, into account.

If previous years are any indication, the first wave of honors should come out this week. Last year it was 12/23, the year before it was 12/21 which is when my eldest got her acceptance. Now my youngest has applied. We were hoping acceptances would be today, which is why I checked in here. Maybe tomorrow?

This first group is where they will draw top scholars from. There is a second wave in mid-February, which is also when they send out the waitlist and rejections.

Absolutely. My understanding is that EA is all about the GPA, rigor and test scores. Now they will do a complete review.

My child also got accepted. He also submitted honors and scholarship application. I thought we will hear in few months. Are you saying we potentially may hear from USC this week?

Yes, quite a few honors notifications are sent out just before Christmas in December. Fingers crossed we all hear good news soon! I will update if we hear anything.

1 Like

I almost wish I didn’t know this! I thought I was done watching for news for awhile. Ugh. Not telling my kid though.

1 Like

I’m sorry and totally understand. The wait is so stressful.

1 Like

I had heard it somewhere I think. It really doesn’t matter. She likely is going elsewhere but of course I want to know if she gets honors or not.

1 Like

Do you mean they already sent?

No, they haven’t been sent yet.

1 Like

Honors is out for the December wave.

Kid just got accepted to Honors College. And we are on campus visiting!

3 Likes

My OOS daughter is in Honors

2 Likes

Congratulations to all that received acceptance today. We are not part of this wave. Hoping for good news in Feb. For those that are comfortable, can you post which state, what major, stats, such as GPA, test scores and anything else that you think helped. It will give us waiting an idea. I know the review is holistic, just curious where people fall on their middle 50% range.

2 Likes

What state are you from? Just curious.

OOS. 4.0UW; 1520 sat; submitted 5s on 6 AP exams. Senior year taking 5 AP classes + multi var calc.

4 Likes

Congrats, thank you for posting!

My dd who got honors has an UW 4.0. I don’t know how South Carolina weights but she has 10 APs and 2 DE and 10 honors for reference. Her ACT is a single test date 34. Neuroscience major.

She had lots of extra curriculars, 600 service hours. She also got honors OOS at UGA and a scholarship there in the first round so while her stats aren’t exceptional something must have read well in her application for UGA. So her stats are good but I think her application as a whole might be reading really well because overall her results are outpacing her stats a little bit everywhere. She also got honors at UTK but she is in state there.

4 Likes

In-state, Chemical Engineering.

4.0/5.4w/5.54wcore, 35 ACT (was 36 w/science) 8 AP 5s, many DE and honors credits, summer research, strong ECs.

4 Likes