Upcoming changes to the way we log in

I’m still getting the “Notice: Undefined index: token in /var/www/cc_auth/src/Hobsons/MSSSO/Bundle/SimpleSamlBundle/Security/Firewall/SspListener.php on line 37” error despite clearing cache etc. Android Chrome.

@allyphoe - that’s the same error message that shows up on the old CC app

I can login via MS Edge but not Google Chrome

Sorry to report that my spam invasion is back.

Knock on wood, mine hasnt showed up today…yet.

I’m on AdBlocker right now and hope it’s more effective.

(Not that I think this perfectly filters what’s not really an ad.) I said on some thread that I wonder if something related to the update altered some code that was helping for so long.

Clearing all my cookies and all my cache back to the beginning of time on both desktop and Android Chrome seems to have fixed it. Now I have a zillion two-factor authentication / “was it really you who just logged in” notifications blowing up my phone.

Yep, I’ve tried that.

Can’t do anything on Firefox where I have CC bookmarked on the toolbar. All I get is error messages. I did see the red box earlier, but not any more. It’s not on the main Forum Page. No way to change my password.

I went to Chrome and was able to sign in, even though my password doesn’t have a symbol. However twice already some spam ad has appeared, stopped by Norton, but then I have to close the tab and start all over to get back. What kind of improvement is that?

Cleared all my CC firefox cookies and removed the bookmark. All I can get is the error page. What’s the fix?

The team says the Chrome/Android issue is due to caching (as users are able to log in on other browsers). Here are the steps one needs to do to clear cache and remove cookies:

1- go to your phone settings
2- get to the list of all apps installed on your phone
3- pick your browser
4- you should see an option to manage the storage for that app click on it
5- now you should see a couple of options: if you click on ‘Free up Space’ you will delete all cookies and other cached items on your phone from that app; if you click on ‘Manage’ to clear cache and cookies only for College Confidential

^^^ My issue isn’t with the phone, though. It’s the desktop Chrome so no apps etc.

@MomofWildChild, for the Chrome browser, you should do:

  1. Click on History -> Show full history
  2. Click on Clear browsing data
  3. Select "Cookies and other site data" & "Cached images & files" and hit "Clear data"

Hope this helps!

I sent the following email a half hour ago:

And I received the following.

Sigh. The only reason I’m able to post this is that I’m using my old iPad which I’ve passed down to my kids but which apparently still had CC logged in. I was finally able to get the “password reset on the way” message a few minutes ago on my phone, but again, no email. I’ve spent far too much of the last two days trying to fix this problem. In addition to not being able to log into College Confidential I’m also stuck having to re-enter all my old passwords, including some shared family passwords I don’t remember for sites for which my email is not the password recovery email. Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something.

Thanks for reaching out, @Sue22! I flagged your case for our team to do a deep dive. I’ll keep you posted.

I fixed the Chrome issue by going back longer than 7 days in the clearing. It’s annoying, and I’ve lost some stuff, but I can now log on.

@CCadmin_Sorin, I got in this way, but vonlost is still locked out.

Thanks @CCadmin_Sorin! Perhaps it has to do with having Lastpass, but since so many of my passwords were created by Lastpass using long random strings of characters (although not my CC password) I’m not willing to dump that. I’d be in big trouble if my Lastpass password cache were lost.

Or maybe if I logged out on the iPad I could get this to work, but since right now it’s my only working link to the forums I’m hesitant to take that step.

I’d be happy with my current password with an ! added if you can’t get me a functioning link to a password reset.

I considered making a new account but since my email address is already in use for Sue22 the system wouldn’t let me.

@Sue22 - Lastpass keeps your stuff completely separate from your web browser so it’s all good. You’ll have to log into sites again, but you won’t lose your saved passwords.

(I Love lastpass!)