Well I was able to log in with a new window on Chrome, but not on IE (edge) and I do not want to clear all my cookies/browsing history if I can avoid it. Whats the trick to clear JUST cc on IE? I lost my open log in on IE 
Dare I ask what’s next???
Well DH figured out IE on one computer but now I can’t get on on my work computer. … Sigh… WIll try to review these fixes as I have no clue how I stumbled into getting it to work on one of the other computers…
Check your spam trap to see if any password reset emails were classified as spam.
There is a reply in my box that is not mine.
Finally working on Android/Chrome and pc/Firefox. Think I learned a thing or two in the process, although another time would have been better!
I wish that were the solution. Nothing in any of the three possible inboxes. Plenty of CC notifications but nothing from the admin account or a mod. I don’t blame the mods. They can’t respond to each of us, but there should be a better automated response. The email I’ve requested the reset link be sent to is the same as one for my profile. I guess I could sign up for a new email account so I could get a new CC account (the CC system won’t let me use my current email for a new account) but that’s just way too complicated. ![]()
I am not going to read through 15 pages of posts, as I saw that on Dec. 10, people were having the problem I have on Dec. 14. I have not had a problem logging in on my phone because I haven’t been automatically logged out yet since the latest change. However, I can’t get past the home page on my computer. I am clearing the cache and will see what happens. But if new users can’t get past the home page, CC is doomed.
I haven’t had to log in since you did this–I just saw the message now, and I keep myself logged in in between uses. Usually about once a month, I’m automatically logged out and have to re-log in. When that happens, is it going to be a problem that that original email doesn’t exist anymore? Literally not a usable email?
Okay, I just tried logging in on my phone (which I rarely use for CC), and used the defunct email, along with my usual password–which does not fit the new parameters. But it worked, so, I dunno…fluke?
Not sure if this ever posted:
So DH is trying to get my office laptop to work on chrome (it hasn’t, despite following all directions). On the office laptop IE works but chrome does not.
I went to my last computer, which is in a home office, where I also have 2 screens (one on IE and one on chrome). That computer had no problem letting me put in my new password and email on chrome, and when I tried opening a new tab in IE (one was already open) - I logged out, when I went to log back in it opened without the new email/password requirement. I have to do an update which will require a restart. These might be different after that. This is so odd…
** and on THAT computer I got both to work after the restart. Chrome still not working on the laptop I take to the office…
Agree. I doubt people who have recently joined will bother trying to sort out this mess.
I think they couldn’t figure out how to fix the mess they made so changed it back.
Well, that spammy ad is back.
Btw, my email hasn’t changed. It’s the password.
I am now able to login on my iPhone using the old app; I was not able to do so 2 days ago, so no idea what changed. I ended up just making an icon on my screen for quick access; not as nice looking as the CC logo, but it worked. Now that the app is working, I will delete the shortcut. Hopefully this will continue.
@CCadmin_Sorin how come folks are having success logging in with passwords that don’t meet the new requirements?
@emilybee I don;t think that newer users are having issues. It is long time CCers who are having issues.
@CCadmin_Sorin Oh. My. God. It has taken me from the change to today in order to even see the forums, let alone log in. So there was no way to read the instructions to clear my phone’s browser’s cache etc. And – having cleared the cache I still cannot log on.
You need to understand that there are people who see nothing of the forums, thus have no way of contacting anyone, or reading any instructions or even the red boxed warning. It is beyond frustrating. All we are getting is an “Oops!” Error message.
I finally got access b/c I went to CC’s FB page – where, there is nothing about the problems or how to fix – but I could click on a link on the page that led me to the forums. Thus I could read the red box, and clear my cache. Which did nothing. I attempted to log on and couldn’t. I clicked on the reset password link and CC sent me an email with a link to reset. However, when I clicked that link I STILL got the error message.
I always read CC on my phone; reading this thread I learned the problem might be with the app, and so I logged on (with my saved password and email – i.e. info that predated this changeover) with my computer.
This is so incredibly incompetent! Why is nothing about this on your FB page? CC posts every few hours, I see, but has no likes or engagement on what it posts. As someone who does social media, I can tell you this means a)no one wants to see what you are posting and b) you are wasting your time, because no one is seeing it. Why not post useful information?!
If I wasn’t semi-addicted to CC I would just leave. But I value the educated, interesting and generous people who post here.
But seriously, please. Stop with the “upgrades”. They are anything but.
Weird. I can use the old app on my ipad but not my phone. I’ve tried all the things suggested to clear the safari cc history but its not working.
Yep I still can’t get to the red box message on Safari on my phone. Why isn’t it on the main CC page? When I click forums I get the error page. It took a few days to realize CC was not down. I only found out because we have a new shared laptop that I had never used. So I got the password reset there. That was after trying every email and password combination I could think of. I now use Chrome on my phone. Since Safari still doesn’t work. I am not going to risk clearing and having to spend even more of my time recovering other info. When will Safari work for those who don’t clear cache, cookies etc.?
Interesting, now Safari works on my phone. Did they fix the problem for everyone or just me?