Upcoming changes to the way we log in

And the app, which now works, is back to jumping around all over the place.

@CCadmin_Sorin I think this question is for you.

@CCadmin_Sorin is there any chance that Community and Forum Issues could be added to the Highlights? This area otherwise is sort of hidden and not all that visible or easily accessible to members. It seems that some announcements (like the log in change, for example) are made here first…and it’s just not a place most posters frequent.

But if it were in the Highlights, at least it would be front and center.

I wish I could figure out how to start a new discussion on my iPhone! I don’t see the option anywhere.

I used to be required to log in about once a month. Now, since a couple of days ago, I’m being required to log in Every. Single. Time., even when I click “Remember Me.” Is anyone else having this problem?

Are you still having a problem? On my iPhone (Safari browser), on the main page (talk.collegeconfidential.com), it’s about 2/3’s of the way down - between some featured articles and the “most active this month” list. There’s a “New Discussion” button. When I tap it, it asks me to select a forum category & discussion title. I didn’t go past that step to see if it actually lets you post though.

But now that you mention it, it looks like when you’re in a particular forum, I don’t see a way to start a new discussion in that forum, like there is on a desktop browser.

No answer is an answer of sorts. For some reason they don’t want us to know.

@VeryHappy yes

@VeryHappy yes I have had to log in every time for the past two days. Very frustrating because I didn’t have to do that previously.

@CCadmin_Sorin : Is there any reason for this? Has something changed? Can it be changed back? Thank you.

@CCadmin_Sorin please add me to the list of people who have had to sign in over…and over…and over for the last few days. Worse on my iPhone than my IPad.

On the phone…log in every single time.

Why?

I’m also having issues having to log in all the time. It won’t let me hit Remember Me because it takes me to the page so fast.

I’m probably in the minority since there were so many complaints about the blinding white space, but IMHO there is not enough contrast between the light gray (already read) and the lighter gray (new posts) threads.

I have to log in every visit. Not consistently but most days. Any reason why?

Hi, I cannot post new threads. I see a way to comment under current threads, but can’t figure out how to post a new one. I have posted a thread before.

Not sure where this problem resides so I’m starting here. On my IPad I’m having trouble typing replies. In landscape either I don’t get lower part of keyboard - line with space bar or as I type and need to delete, instead of deleting the back space continues to add the last character.

Better in portrait but every now and then the keyboard disappears and I have to click on last word to get back to entry space. Anyone else? If it’s an iPad problem Andy suggestions out there?

Quoting and tagging users is not working today

@Mwfan1921, please try again. We’ve just completed some work in the backend, which might have caused the issue.

Last night I received the “Bad Gateway” page when maneuvering in the forums. It happened on both desktop and Android. It is not happening this morning though.

Is there any reason why THIS section can’t be included in “Highlights” instead of “activity”. I just checked the activity thing…and frankly, I think it’s more important for folks to have easy access to this area where forum use updates are often posted.

What is the point of that “activity” highlight anyway?