Upcoming changes to the way we log in

I know it has been asked before but I would much rather be able to subscribe to when forums (ie. specific colleges) have new posts than to see “activity.” Also, how is a post determined to be “most helpful”?

I am New user so i don’t need to change my password right ??

That’s two forum software updates ago and I missed it terribly!

Now I mostly just don’t come here anymore.

@OHMomof2, yeah, and this one was poorly publicized and locked a lot of people out. It’s almost like they were trying to kill the fora.

Maybe they can bottle it (the software update “serum”) and sell it as a treatment for the coronavirus! It’ll kill almost anything :slight_smile:

Ouch ?

@CCadmin_Sorin - if this is the right place to make coding change requests, there is one that has been very frustrating: if any of us report something and then don’t wait the proscribed 60 seconds or more before reporting another, we get the “300 second spam lockout” thing. I understand why its in place, to stop spam posts, but when we are trying to report spam or ads, its frustrating when we have to wait or get locked out.

I woke up at 4 am today and saw a bunch of spam and briefly looked at my phone. I got the lockout when I tried to report 2 ads in close proximity. Could the coders change it so reporting posts is exempt from the “post 2 things in less than 60 seconds” rule that leads to the big red banner “300 second post lockout” thing? Thanks.

On the positive side, when I look at my bookmarked threads and then click the back arrow, the threads are usually white as they were before I read them. Now when I click the back arrow after reading a thread, it is grey. I no longer have to refresh the page to make it grey.

When I write on a thread my own posts show up as new, unread posts. They didn’t use to do that.

Sir, can you please change my username to something simple as its very difficult to remember. And it’s hard to share with my frnds! I don’t mind keeping my original name or its part as username.

Please help me out!!

The threads are still showing as unread if you post on them. Is this going to get fixed?

It’s also happening with other posts.

@CCadmin_Sorin , I’m having to log in every day, even though I have Remember Me checked. This is new behavior over the past couple of weeks. What’s up? I’m using Chrome on a PC.

Same with logging in. Like all the sudden. Then it would not take my password so I had to redo it again but used the same one and it took.

On iphone I have to log in Every. Single. Time.

It’s not like this is my bank account, it’s an anonymous forum. By definition there isn’t really anything confidential on here. Please change it so we can stay logged in.

Same issue. Why is the site so glitchy?

All of a sudden I’m not getting unread post notices from my own posts—so a rare (for this thread) bit of thanks for getting that fixed.

I am getting something like reply denied or something like that when I click on someone else’s post. It is happening more frequently. Is it because that response was deleted? thx

So why even bother with the “Remember Me” button? It doesn’t work. It would be great if it did, but it just gives false hope.

So there’s been a new change to the code, and when I click on my bookmarks, instead of taking me directly to the top of oldest unread post in a thread I’m following, it takes me to a spot a couple visual inches down the page from that point. What’s going on? It’s a small difference, but a pretty big one from a usability standpoint.