Upcoming changes to the way we log in

@CCadmin_Sorin I have several friends who have received the link to change their passwords, but when they try to do so, they continue to get an error message.

Is this just something they have to wait to have fixed? Or is this an additional glitch.

@thumper1, did they try on their desktops? I got the error message on my phone but not my desktop. So I reset my password on my desktop and cleared my history on my phone and was able to log in on my phone.

Adding…I can log in on my iPad, but not on my iPhone…

The folks I’m talking about who can’t log in or change passwords are using desktop or laptop computers not mobile devices.

@MaineLonghorn

Well, so far, this login change is not helping me achieve my educational goals.

I went to a different browser, asked for the password reset help, got the email (I had not previously received it), did the new password step and then was able to log in. On my regular browser, Chrome, I am still getting the gibberish page with the “Oops”. I have cleared the cache and cookies and it didn’t help. Maybe a reboot will help (will check that tomorrow). I am now good on my iPhone with the new password. Will try iPad at home tonight.

Yes, thank you for bolding the page number. That was most bothersome, but not anymore.

Hurrah, glad the page number is bold!

I’m really bummed for the regular users who might just decide this is the straw that broke the camel’s back. At least trackalytics seems tonshow an upward trend I use, though I doubt it’s updated with this recent issue. Honestly, I’m primarily here because I like helping kids. Someone mentioned reddit, which I don’t use. Can’t imagine kids are getting a ton of helpful advice there though.

I just cleared the cache on my iPhone and I still can’t log in there. I got to the page where I could pick “sign in” but when I chose that I got a weird screen and a big OOPS in the middle.

And very funny…even though one of them can not log in, they are still receiving email notifications about PMs being sent to them!

Be nice if they could get emails telling them how to log in, wouldn’t it?

Hi, ugh like so many I created a new login to get in here to say I can’t get into the site because I’ve forgotten whatever ancient email address I used to sign up for my original account and the reset option on the login page doesn’t help. Is there an email address I can contact since I can’t seem to figure out how to send private messages for a brand new account?

@thermom2 , yes. admin@collegeconfidential.com

@Lindagaf thank you!

Boy, I have to say this change was NOT well publicized at all. I log in here about once a week and have been blindsided by it trying to get in today.

I don’t think there is real rhyme or reason or consistency to what works on what device or browser. Hopefully time will heal the issues. Hopefully LITTLE time!

In the meantime I am also doing nothing re: a password change until things are settled - crossing fingers I don’t log out accidentally!

That was a very frustrating 2 days. I did not want to clear my phone’s history but had to.

Clearing cache or history is not enough for some. Something else is in the way, preventing just clicking and getting the pw reset email. And maybe the whole program is the legendary patches on patches. Like an old house propped up by who knows what 2x4s.

For the spam, I went to settings and checked what’s blocked and/or set for auto download. Ran malware bytes and device security. Nothing obvious but I tweaked a few things. Completely shut down and restarted.

(You can also look at cache/history and see if odd links are there, delete them. Eg,“rewards.” And more, sigh. And more.)

But these things shouldn’t be about us scrambling. And we could make mistakes.

If they want the reputation, the system needs to work.

@lookingforward, thanks for the tips. That spinning wheel is getting on my last nerve. CC is the only website that I get it on. Argh

CT, in the past, the spam often came up as it’s own tab. Now when I do xyz, and close it out, I’m closing CC.

I finally got in…not sure if it is the device or was fixed. At least the site now knows I am not less than 13 years old lol.

I cleared everything on my computer after sending a message to admin. I suddenly was able to reset my password. I don’t know if it was something I did or admin did.

Honestly, is this the best time in the admissions cycle do make this change? And I would love to know the reason for doing it at all.